Author Topic: Normal to have swelling after 7 weeks?  (Read 2624 times)

Offline brisguy1

• Posting Member
The swelling has hardened and I can't feel anything because its numb. Its to the lower right hand side of my chest, not on the actual nipple.

GynO_DuDe

Called scar tissue my friend ...

And yes its normal.

It will reside as time goes past ...

Offline emjay

• Posting Member
I had surgery about 7 weeks ago and I am still swollen.  Went for a follow up 2 days ago, and I was assured that my chest, which is much smaller than pre op, but still a little bigger than I would like, is still swollen and has developed some scar tissue.  The scar tissue feels like small hard lumps behind my nipples. 

Both are expected to go away over time...he said it would likely be several more months before I see the final results.  I should expect to be "ready for the summer."  I was told to massage my chest a couple times per day to help reduce the swelling.  The scar tissue, if it is still there in a few months, can be taken care of with an injection. 

I hope is he no BSing me with this, but he seemed to be totally unconcerned, and confident that I will continue to make significant progress.  He said that my post of experience is totally normal and expected.

Until I have my final desired results, I will remain a little nervous about how it may turn out, but I felt much better after seeing him the other day.

I was hoping to be totally normal by now, but I can accept this interim result.

Offline lexuslexus

• Bronze Member
they can try and brake up the scar tissue with a cortisole injection, and small amounts of scaring should be abrobed back into the body over time

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
I am 4 months post op with a moderate amount of scar tissue on one side only.  I went for a consult a couple of weeks ago and he assured me it would diminish after time.  I dont wanna wait a long time, so Im scheduled for Kenalog injections for the beginning of mext month...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024