Author Topic: Bruising & Swelling ?  (Read 2526 times)

Offline gynguy

• Posting Member
Hey guys, just had my surgery last Thursday and have some questions.  I literally have had NO swelling or bruising, and am wondering if it hasn't happened yet....well, will it happen at all?  Just want to know what to expect thats all. 

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
I think the bruising was pretty evident around day 3 for me.  The swelling was at its worst from about day 5 - 10 for me, but it wasn't painful or noticeable when wearing a vest and shirt.  For me after week 3 had been mostly downhill.

Your recovery could be quite different, but it seems that for most people it gets worse before it gets better.

Offline David22

• Posting Member
I too had almost no bruising; I now only have a few very faint yellowish parts on my chest that is only evident in direct light.

As far as swelling goes, for the first few days there was no noticeable swelling.  I had drains, and there was little to no drainage by day 4.  I'm at Day 7 post-op and there is some evidence of swelling.  My left side is swelling more than my right side; and it looks about half way between pre-op and immediately after post-op.  From what I've read on these forums, swelling around this time is pretty typical and will subside for the most part in a few weeks.

~David

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024