Author Topic: Question about doctors, compression and workout time  (Read 2063 times)

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
Initially after the surgery my surgeon told me i had to wait 3 weeks until i start chest excercise and 6 weeks until i get rid of the compression garment.
One week after the surgery i went for a control check and he told me i could get back to excercise within a matter of a few days and that compression would be needed only for 2 more weeks.
I am in doubt, did he maybe forget what he told me in the first place and spouted random numbers or is it possible that i progressed quickly so he decided to reorganize my post-op recovery? Please help me,i don't wanna be a victim of medical negligence >:( ;D

Offline lexuslexus

• Bronze Member
differs from doctor to doctor and how good your healing
i wore mine 24/7 for 4 weeks as to protect it as well as keep it nice for healing.

started working out from week 5, just to be safe. kept my compression vest on for the first month of excercising.

was told by my surgeon excercise is fine, just make sure your massaging as it may effect the lympathic movement around yopur chest a little

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024