Author Topic: Adult onset gyno?  (Read 2845 times)

Offline Bealzebuv

Im turning 24 in 3 months and im pretty sure i am experiencing gyno related problems mostly in my right nipple. All the symptoms. About a month ago i started lifting heavy again (1-3 rep squats/bench/dead) and eating a lot of cruciferous vegetables. About 1-2 pnds a day so its enough to mimic a DIM supplement. I have never taken anabolic steroids. I believe it started happening after a few weeks of the veggies.

I used to have this problem maybe 2-3 yrs ago but it wasn't that bad and it went away. I guess i will have to see the doctor but i want to know if tumeric or other natural things would help until then. Its about the 3rd week this has been a problem the first 2 weeks were just a slight annoyance now its starting to feel warm and just today SLIGHT pain and very sensitive.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Pharmaceutical grade hormones are literally several hundreds of times more potent than anything herbal.

Unilateral or unequal gynecomastia is actually quite common.

Seeing the Dr. is always a good safe idea.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I was just reading up on vegetables/hormones. Very interesting stuff!

I would suggest that you limit your cruciferous vegetable intake and eat a balanced diet. And.... if your condition persists, go see your GP...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i don't think you need to worry, it's not the veggies.  the article gb linked says this: 

I3C, when ingested by the body, is converted into DIM.  Even if cruciferous vegetables are excellent sources of DIM, one would have to eat significant amounts of cruciferous vegetables for estrogen metabolism or detoxification enzymes to work efficiently.  An impossible task!
Just to illustrate this impossibility: if a person ate 500 grams of broccoli a day, only a minor change is seen in the estrogen metabolism process.  One would have to eat much more, but this can't be done because of potential problems in the gastro-intestinal tract.
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024