Author Topic: Bench Pressing Post Op?  (Read 1911 times)

Offline XXII

• Posting Member
I had my operation done a little over a month ago. My chest is greatly reduced, however, my surgeon said he was going to "Leave some" in the event I gained a good degree of chest muscle, so the nipples do not invert. What I realize now is he really did leave some, and although it isn't extreme, It still looks puffy, consistent with that of a chubby person. So I now wonder, if I was to work out my pecs on a regular basis, would the muscle more or less fill out my chest making it appear hard? Or will I always have that doughy look?

Much appreciated!

XXII

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
Some pics would help. And the first few months after surgery is too early to really know the appearance of the final result.

I don't know if you'll experience this, but when I started back to the gym after about 5 weeks, I noticed that I'd get some swelling in my chest that evening and into the next day. Then, the swelling would go down. It was subtle, but I could tell the difference. At first I was concerned that my boobs were coming back. But they weren't. I just think my chest wasn't recovered enough to handle the stress of a workout.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024