Author Topic: Can I was my compression vest?  (Read 6283 times)

Offline Intfh

So the title pretty much sums it up, I want to know if it's a good idea to take off my vest and wash it. I had surgery 7 days ago, I understand its still early but from not moving my arms so much and sweating this thing does not have the most pleasant smell...well maybe Its just me. Keep in mind it will be off for an hour tops. Any help is appreciated.
 Thanks

Offline centralmedic05

• Posting Member
I was told by my PS that it was fine to wash it as it would get stinky. Also if you leaked any fluid from your cuts then you should really wash it for sanitation sake. As for taking it off for an hour, I was told that was fine to do but try to wear it as much as possible. What I do is wash it the same time as I'm taking a shower. Gotta have it off then anyway. Hope this helps.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, washing your garment is perfectly fine.  Best to do it while you are taking a shower.  An hour or so without the compression will not harm you.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline iconnect

• Posting Member
I brought two of them- its lot easier that way

Offline princerockzz

• Bronze Member
hi...well if the sweat is troubling you...try wearing the thin layered innerwear that we wear inside shirts and wear the garment over it....it will prevent the sweat frm affecting the garment and you dont have to wash it all the time....as it is thin layered there isnt much compromise on compression...am doing this as it is really hot here in india and i sweat all the time....hope this helps...by the way...ask your surgeon too....my surgeon gave me the green signal ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024