Author Topic: my gyne  (Read 8747 times)

Offline rebcho

• Posting Member
I've been obese for most of my life. I didn't notice/care/understand what was going on with my chest for a long time, just thought it was fat. But the shape has been getting my attention recently and looks pretty fem. There seems to be structure behind the nips, not sure when that showed up. Based on what I've read they could be breast buds? Or am I beyond that?  I'm not interested in surgery at this point, my weight probably takes it out of the equation anyway.  5'8" 340lbs. I battle a lot of depression and self image issues and had just given up on everything. I'm on anti-depression meds now and I'm starting to care again.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 12:33:45 PM by rebcho »

Offline SideSet

You have large female breasts with feminine nipples. You should be wearing a bra like a woman does. 

Offline rebcho

• Posting Member
Thank you Steven. So definitely breasts then. It might seem odd to other people that I wouldn't notice their growth, but when you spend decades avoiding looking at yourself and just going day to day in a fog...lots can happen that you don't notice until you "wake up".  I appreciate the offer of support, I will keep it in mind. 

Offline rebcho

• Posting Member
You have large female breasts with feminine nipples. You should be wearing a bra like a woman does.
Thanks SideSet. Sure wish there was some feeling in them since I'm going to be carrying them around for a while. 

Based on my rough measurements:

Under: 51"
Bust: 54"

That puts me at what, 50C territory?

hammer

You're not alone out there, we are in numbers greater then you ever thought, that is men with breast! Yes, men with breast enlargement probably out number those without now days if you really just sit one day and do your own unofficial survey at a local mall!

Weight loss will be good for you for more reasons then I'm going to list, trust me as I've been fighting it for over 30 years and now can proudly claim a 80 pound loss! But as I said that was over 30 years and at 61 I can not reclaim the health that I have lost!

As Steven said, you may lose some of the breast but not all, and I have found that out for myself.  I have no idea how much yet as I have not gone in for another professional fitting nor do I plan to for awhile.  I just will use pull over bras until then, but I do know I'm not a 46H any longer!

I wish you all the luck and hope that this forum will be helpful for you!

Bob
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 08:56:15 AM by hammer »

Offline rebcho

• Posting Member
You're not alone out there, we are in numbers greater then you ever thought, that is men with breast! Yes, men with breast enlargement probably out number those without now days if you really just sit one day and do your own unofficial survey at a local mall!

Weight loss will be good for you for more reasons then I'm going to list, trust me as I've been fighting it for over 30 years and now can proudly claim a 80 pound loss! But as I said that was over 30 years and at 61 I can not reclaim the health that I have lost!

As Steven said, you may lose some of the breast but not all, and I have found that out for myself.  I have no idea how much yet as I have not gone in for another professional fitting nor do I plan to for awhile.  I just will use pull over bras until then, but I do know I'm not a 46H any longer!

Bob
You're right Bob, I did some people watching recently at a public place and was surprised the number of guys I saw sporting breasts once I was paying attention to it.  I usually just wear a t-shirt at work and home, nobody has ever talked to me about it even though I show quite a bit but my big belly probably draws the attention away. I became pretty self-conscious about it a few months ago and felt like I was basically flashing everyone and have started wearing gyne compression shirts. They're rather uncomfortable to wear all day though. I have to take it off every 4 hours or so for a few minutes  or else it gets really unbearable. 

Nice job on the 80 lbs, how did you do it?

Offline SideSet

Yep, C cup. And you definitely need to wear a bra!

hammer

Bob
You're right Bob, I did some people watching recently at a public place and was surprised the number of guys I saw sporting breasts once I was paying attention to it.  I usually just wear a t-shirt at work and home, nobody has ever talked to me about it even though I show quite a bit but my big belly probably draws the attention away. I became pretty self-conscious about it a few months ago and felt like I was basically flashing everyone and have started wearing gyne compression shirts. They're rather uncomfortable to wear all day though. I have to take it off every 4 hours or so for a few minutes  or else it gets really unbearable.

Nice job on the 80 lbs, how did you do it?
The first 30lbs was by using the Atkins diet but that was years ago,  and I continued to use that life style for years but would go up and down 10/15 pounds and it was driving me crazy at times! Then my endocrinologist put me on Victoza along with my insulin for my diabetes and the weight just started coming off!

It has been a blessing for me as far as my weight loss!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 09:18:56 AM by hammer »

Offline Johndoe1

I'm a little late to the party but experienced almost exactly the same thing.

I developed in puberty. After I hit my 20s it was obvious that I would not be losing the girls. I too became morbidly obese at 330 lbs. I measured myself at a 48D. My measurements were not much different than yours. Over time I would half heartedly lose 50 or 60 pounds and the girls would be more prominent after each attempt and I eventually gave up trying. Then my health began to approach a point where I would die of either a heart attack or stroke. It wasn't an if, it was a when. I had to come to terms with my chest. It had been running my life since puberty. I had to find a way to change it.

I went to a doctor who specialized in weight loss. Started to lose weight and started to excercise. After about 6 months, I had lost about 40 lbs and had lost some size in my breasts. I also developed ptosis, or breast sag due to the weight loss. My saggy boobs was making it painful to exercise. Luckily I had been assigned to a female doctor in the practice. At one visit I told her of the pain I had and the rash that had developed where my breasts were resting on my chest. She examined me and suggested I should consider some kind of breast support to lift the breasts off my chest and to support them during exercise so as not to cause an injury to my chest or breast. So started my bra journey.

I immediately got relief and the support felt wonderful. I began to have control over my chest and it gave me an unexpected level of confidence that I hadn't had since I developed. Between bra styles and cuts of clothing I now control what my chest looks like. I have now lost almost 100 lbs and now wear 38DD underwire bras all the time and am hardly even noticed now.

I too had given up. I am glad I tried one more time. There are plenty of guys who wear bras for support and has nothing to do with sexuality. Life has improved for me.

We are all here to help and support you no matter what you decide to do. Just know you are not alone. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline rebcho

• Posting Member
First, just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their supportive comments.

I braved the women's clothing section and bought this ugly light sports bra. I have to say, the basic support it gives feels wonderful. I felt a bit lost wandering those isles, it's so different from the men's department and there are so many options, it was a bit overwhelming.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 12:34:18 PM by rebcho »

Offline Johndoe1

Yes, it's a different world over there. You will get use to it in time.

Nice looking sports bra. That looks like one of my first bras. That looks very comfortable. I have found that is the key to wearing a bra.  Support is important but if the bra isn't comfortable, you won't wear it and the benefits it can offer won't do you any good. Over time I suspect you may want to consider the leap into regular underwire bras. With your shape, the extra support may be of benefit to you. Something to consider down the road. In the meantime, enjoy your new comfort.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 03:14:18 PM by Johndoe1 »

aboywithgirls

Congratulations on entering the world of bras! Like John said, you'll get used to it It's a much more.man friendly place than it was.25 years ago. 

You will most likely move towards regular everyday bras. Underwire bras offer better shaping and support  When you're ready, most places that sell bras are pretty accustomed to having occasional Male shoppers looking for the support that a.bra can offer. They are usually very eager to help navigate the world of bras with you to get the support that you need.

Offline SideSet

That bra looks good on you. I am glad, and not surprised, that you already feel better in a bra. And I’m sure you can tell, that in addition to feeling better in a bra, you look better in a bra, also.

You have made the important first step.  And, I am sure that having started to wear a bra, you know you will be regularly wearing a bra from here on out.

As Johndoe and ABWG  have already said, you are going to want to be getting yourself some everyday bras.  Like them, I also favor underwire bras. In my opinion, not only do they give better support, but better uplift and shaping, also. You want to both feel and look your best in your bras. 

I also agree with them  when they told you that bra shopping will get easier each time. Like you, I would get overwhelmed at first, there are just so many different bras. But you will be amazed how soon  you will come to know the choices and what works for you and become just like all the other intimate apparel shoppers.

Johndoe and ABWG were also spot on when they said the sales associates will be quite welcoming and helpful.  It is obvious you have breasts and need to wear a bra like all the women who shop there. But I have found overall the sales associates are more helpful to me because they seem to assume I am not as well-versed in bras as the other women shopping there.

hammer

I agree, the bra looks good, in fact I would say great! As the rest have said, it will get easier with time! Men and women both have feet and both wear shoes, so if your body has decided you need changes and grows a set of boobs for what ever reason,  you should have the right to support them if you so desire!

Offline rebcho

• Posting Member
Braved the store again, wanting another couple bras to rotate out. Ended up with a Hanes comfort flex that I really like and flattens me out a bit and another sports style that has a band that rolls up on me that I don't like much, and one traditional bra that doesn't fit at all and I shouldn't have wasted money on.

Pic is the Hanes bra on.

I don't know if walmart will let you try on bras, but I couldn't work up the courage to ask any way... the need to be professionally fitted is becoming apparent if I want to try underwire bras. My own measurements didn't work.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 12:34:48 PM by rebcho »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024