Author Topic: Growing again - post surgery  (Read 5476 times)

gmast

If you measured 37 inches around your chest right underneath your breasts, and you measured 40 inches around the fullest part of your breasts, that would be a 38B. You may want to used this calculator to see if you indeed are a 38B. Remember that measurements are a starting point.
  That depends on which method you use. It would be nice if your method worked, but it doesn't for most brands.   Here are several of the different methods I've run across.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Thanks for the chart. Do you have any additional recommendations on what I should get?

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member

bikerbob

I am in the minority here, but I always suggest pullover leisure and sports bras for newbies.  I just bought some Hanes pullovers that I really like.  They are inexpensive, they don't show through your shirt because they don't have hardware, and they are sized according to chest measurement so you don't have to worry about the cup size to get started.  Once you get used to a bra, start looking at underwires and maybe schedule a fitting.  Eventually you will discover what works for you.  When you do, buy several.

gmast

Do you have any additional recommendations on what I should get?
You need to figure out if you have other limits besides fit.  Are you trying to be stealthy?  Racerbacks move strap inside the shoulder blades so the aren't as obvious under a shirt.  But they are more likely to be seen through the neck hole of a shirt.  Some staps have adjusters that make bulges, some in back, some on the shoulder, and some the front.  Bra without cup sizes often don't have strap adjusters.  Flesh tones are less likely to show through a shirt.
As for size, pick a brand whose method will have a size that fits.  Many brands don't have As and Bs in 38+.  For some people, the torso measurement works better than underbust.
With your measurements I'd be surprised if you found a bra with cup sizes that fit.  The generic large or extra large might fit.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Thanks so much everyone. I would only wear one alone at home. I think I would like something really snug and supportive. I like the compressive feeling of a tight tank.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
I would note that the recent growth I’ve had has felt so much like before. I spent all my teenage years with huge breasts and was too proud and embarrassed to wear a bra even though I was once gifted one. I never tried it on. I hunched and dressed in layers year round. 

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Well. I ordered a sports bra with an underwire. I’ve been a little sore today and trying to rationalize the need for one. Second guessing the decision to buy. It seems final that I’m going to be stuck with breasts and knowing they’re getting bigger. Looking forward to trying it on though.

Offline jan1north

• Posting Member
I too would recommend the pull over sport or bralette style with “simple sizing” like S, M, L, XL, XXL, etc.  You are more likely to find a fit without the complexity of an in person fitting as well as relief from rubbing, motion, along with some flattening.  Jockey, Hanes, Bali, Soma all make this style as do many other brands.

I have been treated kindly and respectfully at several Soma and Torrid boutiques in both “may I try this on” and “can you help me find…” situations.  If the SA is unfamiliar to me I begin the conversation something like, “my doctors have left me bustier than I care to be and short of surgery, a bra may be the solution to the irritation and motion I experience.”  This has always gotten a sympathetic response followed by help.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Hi jan1north,
Those are really good conversation starters. I appreciate your comments.
-Ben

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
My bra should arrive tomorrow. Still can’t believe I actually bought one. It looked very supportive and I hope it fits. They’ve been feeling so full and heavy lately. I read all of the advice posted here especially about sizes and types of bras. I’ve been reading everything on this site over the past few days. Seems like a very supportive community.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member

Offline SideSet

If your bra turns out to be at all a good fit, you will love how it holds everything so nicely in place.  Please let us know. 

Offline blad

I hope the size and style you selected works well. Once you have experienced a good fitting bra there will be no turning back.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Tried a bra on for the first time today. It was a B cup and the cups were huge. No way I’m going to fill it anytime soon. I have the option to exchange it for the same thing in a smaller size and plan to do that. Disappointed it wasn’t so snug.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024