Author Topic: Compression Vest  (Read 2488 times)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
I had a mild case of gyne and had the operation. I have been wearing the compression vest for 18 days now. My PS says I only need to wear the vest until the bruising is gone. Does this make sense? I thought people wear the vest for like 4-8 weeks?? ???

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
For the vast majority, 6 weeks is the standard amount. Certainly no less than 4. It helps with the swelling and getting the skin to reattach to the body.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Merle, so why do you think my PS told me that??? Do you think maybe because my case was so mild? My bruising is gone and am contemplating not using the vest anymore!!! hmmmm

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
Who is your PS?  Maybe someone here who used the same PS can tell you what they were told.

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
Mine told me to wear it for 3 months, and frankly, I'm really tired of it (it's been 2 months) ....
Surgery Date: Jan 9, 2007
Dr. H. Ukani, Vancouver, BC
Pre/post pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gynecomastia/

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I don't know why he thought that a few weeks were enough. I would think there would be swelling at the least. More than six weeks is excessive, unless there is some specific problem.

Merle

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024