Author Topic: soreness after surgery  (Read 2888 times)

Offline sack432

• Posting Member
I had a bilateral gynecomastia procedure on Thursday April 19.  Anyone have an entire body ache after surgery.  Everything from my neck to my calves are sore like I ran a couple of miles after a long lay off.  It almost feels like I had a heck of a full body work out. I also took my first shower and was kinda freaked out over the concave of the procedure site.  Any past experiences and remedies.  I'm new to the website.  I just need to be pointed in the right direction.  Thanks.

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member
Hm, I had very mild and precise pain in the exact area of the operation. If it feels "unnatural" I think you should call your PS just in case.

How big concavity are you talking about?

Offline sack432

• Posting Member
I have been keeping the pain under control with percosets, but the actual surgery site is not really sore.  I do, however, have these large indents on each side(about the size of a small plum) where the tissue and fat was taken out(the right size has a larger indent than the left).  I know its only been 48 hours since my surgery, but could it be because I have a drain on each side and will the dents fill in evetually?  I also had my nipples made smaller.  I have to meet with my PS on Monday, I will definately ask him about it more.  But thanks for the responses.  I just need to get through the weekend without going insane with negative thoughts. 

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member
I can't say about the drains, because I didn't have any. Also you had nipple reduction and I didn't, so I can't really say anything from my experience to make you feel better. But as you said, it has been very short time from your operation, so don't go insane just yet. I'm sure things will be alright.

Offline sack432

• Posting Member
its been 36 hours since my surgery and my soreness has all but gone away except where my drain tubes are coming out.  my chest and nipples are still numb and I've been massaging around the area to get the blood flowing.  I've switched from prescription meds to extra strength OTC pain relief.  I can still feel the concaves in my chest, but they seem to not be as deep as they where yesterday.  For those that had drain tubes put in, how long where they in for?  I'm going to see my PS tomorrow, but I'm still draining around 10cc every 6-8 hours per site.  Anybody have similiar experiences?

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
I don't really want to be negative, but the concavity will not go away. This is a result of the PS taking too much fat/gland out. I know, I've got the same thing. I had to go for another procedure to have some skin tightening procedure. It's better now but still not what I was expecting. Also, costed me an additional $850 for anethesia. Just remember, this is an improvement procedure not perfection. You have to be realistic. The PS can only work with what he or she has to work with. Good luck!!

Offline sack432

• Posting Member
Your right, i can live with a little concave.  It sure beats living with breast that poke out and that are bigger than most girls i know. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024