Author Topic: Pubertal Disappearance  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
  Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here has had their Gyne (Pubertal) disappear before the age of 20 on its own. I am 15 and have had Gyne since I was about 13. I know it's from puberty, I didn't take any meds early on to cause it. And surgery right now isn't an option because my parents can't pay for it. The Doc didn't know that much about it and could only tell me the basics ( which I already knew ). Can it REALLY resolve itself? I feel like I'm the only one that knows anything about it around here. I also believe that my doctor was just trying to enlighten me by telling me it goes away on it's own in a year.  >:(
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 07:53:44 AM by flood_xp_2k »
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Think about it,  anyone who experienced spontaneous shrinkage of their gynecomastia or eve those who had surgery with results they were thrilled about would eventually lose interest in this site.

For the most part, There are people who have had the condition for years and cope with it.  There are people who just recently had surgery.  People who had un-successful surgery. and people who are new and just learning.

You are asking a question that no one here can answer from personal experience.

That said, yes it is possible for it to dissappear.  Some people will tell you that this happens about 90% of the time.  I think that estimate is a bit high, but I do not have any good statistics to support a better answer.

Another falshood frequently told is that "it will go away in a year or so."   The fact is that it may take several years but will usualy happen before you reach twenty if it is going to happen.

Face it, a condition shared by almost 2/3 of the adult male population is actually quite normal.
Grandpa Dan

jdh2511

Actually, my gyne is on the way out, and has gotten a lot smaller only in around a month.

It starts with your boobs loosing density, and suddenly you can feel your ribes easier. Then you noticed the lump starts to hurt and eventually get smaller, along with the boobs. It is very hard to tell if they are going away since we all look at and scrutinize them almost every day, so make a benchmark or something where you can tell your progress.

I had minde for 2 years, and it is now going away, so you might be due. Keep in mind it has all to do with puberty, is compelteley normal, and usually goes away.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024