Author Topic: Called to schedule consult with Metzner.  (Read 2930 times)

Offline gynhater

• Posting Member
  • Gyn is the suck!
I called today to schedule a consult with Dr. Metzner in New Orleans area. I know alot of people here are curious about him. Well, I was given a mid-September date for a consult! Yes, September. That's almost five months. Sound a little crazy to anyone else? The lady I spoke to said they often have cancellations and they would call me if they could see me sooner. Also, they charge $80 for the consult. Comments?

Offline gynhater

• Posting Member
  • Gyn is the suck!
Thanks for the reply nargle1. I am familiar with Metzner's procedure and I remember nukem. I think it was nukem2k or something like that. He all but disappeared after his surgery and I'd like to give everyone a better idea of this surgeon as there is not much info here on him and a lot of folks seem interested in his "different" procedure. If anyone else has ANYthing to offer on Metzner get in this thread please or PM me. I am also going to check on a consult with Weiner due to recent results form some of our members. Thanks to them for posting! The lady I spoke to about the consult at Dr. Metzner's office seemed optimistic about reducing the waiting time for a consult but I could not get a definite. Guess I have to wait for someone to cancel in order to get in before Septemeber. I reviewed his website and it seems he has done some "work" for a TV show and is a regular on a radio show or something. Maybe that's why the long wait now? Any ideas on how far out a surgery could be after a consult this long? From what I've read from other posters it looks like the surgery wasn't too far after the initial consult. Comments? Ideas?  

Offline cuz

• Posting Member
I also made an appt. with doctor metzner in Mar or April and got a consult scheduled in Aug.  Couldn't wait that long, so I went with Dr, Jansen.  Had surgery 3 wks ago.  So far its been good except for lumps which he says is scar tissue and not to worry.  I see a lot of other people on this board in the same situation with the scar tissue.

Offline NewLifeStartsMay4th

• Bronze Member
    • pre-post pics
Hey guys im from mississippi and i have bitch breasts :'(. I have read everything under the sun trying to get rid of these mofos. metzner is the closest surgeon with experince i could find. in march or late feb (cant remember cause it was so long ago) i called Natalie (the receptionist) for a consultation. i figured i could get one in by late march during spring break and get surgery. Wrong! i just had my first consult on friday june 9th. i know its a turn off, ha, but good things happen to those that wait.
    The reason it is taking so long is because Hurricane Katrina backup a lot of shit. Hell they had to evacuate for months!
     I was very pleased with my consult. He made me feel very good about the whole thing. His technique is ideal, as he explained that he goes through the arm pit where the hair is and he promised me that no one would be able to ever know i had the surgery much less the condition. He is an older man who seems very wise in his profession. His accrededations are a freaking page long. Hes taught at harvard for christ sake and teaches at lsu medical school.
    My operation is scheduled for Nov. 13 unless there is a cancellation. thats a long time but hey ive lived with this for 4-5 years whats another six months? i was overall very happy with everything that took place so far and by the way Natalie is a very pleasent secretary to look at while in the waiting room! ha sorry natalie if you are reading this take it as a compliment.
    I know the pain of finding a surgeon so if anyone needs any info i am more than happy to help just pm me or ask for email. hope that helps

Surgery may 4th Dr. Metzner New Orleans
http://deuce-po.magix.net/

Offline gynhater

• Posting Member
  • Gyn is the suck!
Thanks spencerr. I finally had my consult. Looking forward to the surgery. Very down to earth surgeon and answered all questions without hesitation.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024