Author Topic: For those who have decided to wear a garment what pushed you over the edge?  (Read 5734 times)

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I have been wondering at what point should one consider it seriously?

I have been wearing some slightly tight athletic shirts (I wear a 2xl one is a M and one is an XL) under my shirts, which help hide the nipples (not really big, but I see them too much), but do little for movement control.  But they do squish a little, but not enough to do much, go run or bounce down stairs or something and you are all over the place.

I have been more and more increasing annoyed with the lack of something supporting "them", more the left than the right (it is slightly bigger) so I don't have skin on skin (I don't like), and the feeling of just being squashed isn't really comfortable.  Push them down hard and I don't like the feeling, it isn't really something that takes well to squashing if you know what I mean.  If pushed down, it wants to go somewhere, and a tight shirt doesn't allow for that.

I'll go by the store and look at a sports bra and think that would be the thing that would help, but I just don't know.  It would solve a lot, but could open a can of worms with my wife and others who see it.  One of my shirts I wear under is a racer back style, and it really is pretty hidden most of the time.  But sometimes it can be seen around my neck. 

I want to find one with a built in bra, but I don't know if they do much or not. 

Offline Bobcat54

• Posting Member
I have told this before but will tell it again for your benefit.
I have worked construction all my life, most of it running heavy machinery. The constant vibrating and bouncing was causing considerable pain. I found I was bracing myself all the time and this was causing back pain as well.
It was a Doctor that suggested either surgery or wearing a bra were the only options. I chose the bra.
This was probably the best advice anyone has ever given me. A simple, safe and relyable solution. I enjoyed immediate relief from both chest and backpain and have never looked back on that choice.
It took some time to get used to it, but fortunately I had a very supportive spouse who help with initial style choice and purchase.
I hope this helps

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
Yeh,
 I think if you are getting discomfort then its time to wear some support. Either that or go down the surgery route.
For me, I do a physical job & also like to work out so I usually wear womens athletic support tops with built in bras, these tend not to scream "hey look, a guy with a bra"! especially under a regular T shirt.
A bra is only an item of clothing after all, if some clown takes it to have some hidden meaning about your sexuality then really he is so dim its not worth considering his opinion! ::)

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Do the tops with built in support really help enough?  With what I have now, I often think if there was just a elastic or strap that was under my breasts would be a help.  Is that really all those tops are?  I will try to find one and see.

I am in phys therapy for rotator cuff surgery and often I have to work out in front of a mirror, which is something I am not fond of really, I hate looking and seeing more upstairs than I really thought people saw.   And after working out (he is a big fan of circulation, so I am often riding a air bike for 15-30 min before I work out) so I am often sweaty and there is a annoying place to be sweaty....

Offline Bobcat54

• Posting Member
I have a couple of the so called Sport Tops. I find they are comfortable and adequate for only light physical activity.
For anything more than that, a good sports or support bra is the only way to keep the boounce to a minimum.
I learned and accepted years ago that they are only an article of clothing designed to provide support, and not just for women.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I found something at a salvation army store today, has a built in shelf bra and it fits ok, a bit short, it does hide more than anything else, but agreed, little support, but far more comfortable than nothing or just a tight top. 

I'll give it a try tomorrow, I can only hope... 

But I agree, I look at a a real bra (any) makes much more sense by design.

Are the sports bras more or less invisible?  That is key, I really don't want to deal with being seen, not sure how to handle that other than just not care.

Offline gotgyne

Sports bras, as other bras, are invisible if you wear them with multicolored, patterned or crinkle shirts. They are not invisible with plain white shirts, especially from the back.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 03:52:54 AM by gotgyne »
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
Sure, some of the sports tops DO only have shelf bra inserts which wont give a lot of support to people with larger breasts ( male OR female) but you CAN get these tops that have proper built in fully adjustable bras. I have a Nike one that even has removable pads although guys probably wouldnt want to enhance their boobs!
You just need to look thru sites that sell womens sports clothing or even Ebay.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
The one I found I have one, it is one size smaller than I would normally wear, but seems ok to fit, but a tad hard to get on/off.   And a tad short in length. 

But it is invisible under my shirt, I look better than I have and very comfortable so far.  We will see at the end of the day....

Any model numbers of ones you have found work?  When I look I never seem to find ones that aren't colors, even this one is black with light grey stripes down the side, but that is hidden at least. 

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
Hmm, yeh some DO seem to be a bit short I agree. And yeh some are a pita to get on & off! My missus often gives me a hand!
My Nike one hasnt got any model numbers sorry, its dark blue with a yellow border & says "Nike Dry Fit" inside. Ive another good fitting one by Champion, it has a style number: 6848
Both these are a bit longer than others but would still expose your midrif if you wore them without another T on top.
Hope this is some help!
 cheers

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
The Shimmel seems like it would be good, but I can't find one anywhere to look at.  Anyone see one somewhere?  They look longer.

Offline johnny125

• Posting Member
Comfort is the reason for me. My nipples rubbing against my shirt used to make them feel raw after a few hours. And it I am running or exercising, it is much more comfortable when my breasts are held in place. Any type of bra feels more comfortable than going without one. The dilemma of wearing a bra in public is making sure it doesn't show. It's not bad in the winter, as it is not visible when I am wearing a jacket or loose outer layers of clothing. The summer is a problem, as a bra will show through light clothing. I usually just wear baggy shirts and go without support in public if it is too warm to wear a jacket.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I have some problems with one side more than others on the nipple hurting.  Not often, but enough it is a "pain".

I found a racerback shelf bra top that is working pretty good and under my shirts is invisible.  Just want to find something else, one isn't really enough.  But it isn't a lot a of support, but enough it is significantly more comfortable.

Offline RadG

• Posting Member
I know at some Wal Marts I saw what was marketed as an undershirt but was a racerback type tank with a built in shelf bra. If you can find them they were around $6 and the length was actually pretty good.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024