Author Topic: My "boobs" is bigger after surgery, or just swelling? 7days op (PICS)  (Read 4814 times)

Offline Rumpan

• Posting Member
Hello.

I did a (Gynecomasti) surgery on my breasts for about a week ago. It hurt for about 3 days but then the pain was gone after like 3 days. Now when i look at my breast i can see its almost bigger than before i did the surgery and now im worried about the swelling.. Ive not seen the nipples yet but tomorrow i will see them hehe :) Cant feel good until i see the nipples.

But why is my boobs still large? Its rough when i touch it and when im sitting down is like too boobs exactly in that size i had before lol.. Someone who knows please help me! First day they was abit smaller but now they are big again!

Here is a pic:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:08:15 PM by Rumpan »

Offline Rumpan

• Posting Member

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
I am no expert, but from what I read on this site and other places, it's swelling.  Things change in your body (chest) during the healing process.  Are you wearing your vest 24/7?  I would wait or even call your doc.  I have seen some really big swelling in some pics.  Did the doc give you drains?

Offline Rumpan

• Posting Member
I am no expert, but from what I read on this site and other places, it's swelling.  Things change in your body (chest) during the healing process.  Are you wearing your vest 24/7?  I would wait or even call your doc.  I have seen some really big swelling in some pics.  Did the doc give you drains?

Allright i understand. No my doc didnt give me any vest.. He just gave me that you can see on my pic.. He told me to take it off 10 days after surgery and now ots like 3 days left to put that shit off. Maybe i get a vest after that i dont know! he told me that i dont have to come back again, do all ppl get a vest?

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
The doctor didn't give you a vest to wear????  From what I read, you need to wear a vest 24 hours a day for at least 4 weeks.  You aren't even suppose to have it off during that time.  Only for showers.  If I were you, I would purchase it Online right away! Check out Amazon or ebay, but you need one.  Are you in the USA?

Offline NO83

• Posting Member
I agree, you need a vest, I wore one 24/7 (besides showers of course) for 6 weeks.  With that said, there is no way you can judge your final result just 7 days in.  I am 7 weeks post op and I am still seeing changes all the time.  Most doctors, and experienced members here have said you cannot judge your results until 6 months have passed.  Best of luck to you.

Offline Rumpan

• Posting Member
The doctor didn't give you a vest to wear????  From what I read, you need to wear a vest 24 hours a day for at least 4 weeks.  You aren't even suppose to have it off during that time.  Only for showers.  If I were you, I would purchase it Online right away! Check out Amazon or ebay, but you need one.  Are you in the USA?

Oshit, now im fucking nervous about the form of my breast going to look like :( But i asked a "breast doc" on phone and i asked "does not all gynecomasti-patients get a kinda vest" and she told me its not all people who get it.. It depends how big the surgery is and blabla.. I dont know, but im going to the health center today and chech under the bandages!

Cant i just use a tight linen or something, ive got som tight linen at home!

No im not in the US

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
Rumpan, it could be swelling since you don't have drains. It's funny that your doctor didn't recommend or give you a compression vest to wear because that helps in healing and swelling.

I had to wear one for 4-weeks 24/7 and could only take it off for showers.  :o

You can try and make your own from the linen but then you won't know how tight it should be and the fabric used in the compression vest is made from stretchy material that's really strong. I don't think linen has that type of stretch and it might irritate your surgical sites.

Let us know what happened at the clinic.

Offline Rumpan

• Posting Member
Rumpan, it could be swelling since you don't have drains. It's funny that your doctor didn't recommend or give you a compression vest to wear because that helps in healing and swelling.

I had to wear one for 4-weeks 24/7 and could only take it off for showers.  :o

You can try and make your own from the linen but then you won't know how tight it should be and the fabric used in the compression vest is made from stretchy material that's really strong. I don't think linen has that type of stretch and it might irritate your surgical sites.

Let us know what happened at the clinic.

Allright first time i did call a doc was last summer 2011 then i did a couple of studies. Then they sent me to the big hospital and i talked to a surgeon about my problem and he told me "ok, we doing a surgery" so i was waiting about 3 month then a doc called me up and told me it was time for operation :) I did wait a few days then i came to the hospital and i washed my breast etc then they did anesthetic on me. I woke upp with 2 bandages each of the breast and did wait 2 hours and then my surgical came and gave me a paper with some information.. He told me that the surgery went well and i can go home.. He didnt told about any vest or something.. Just that i can take of the bandages in about 10 days "tomorrow" and the stitches come off by itself.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
He didnt told about any vest or something.. Just that i can take of the bandages in about 10 days "tomorrow" and the stitches come off by itself.

Oh my! I hope he knows what he's doing. I guess different doctors have different procedures when it comes to gynecomastia surgery. I know that some doctors here in the US won't leave drains and some will etc., but from what I read mostly all of them recommend some form of compression while the surgical site is healing.

Maybe your procedure was so slight that it didn't require compression vest? I'm not sure.

Keep us posted.

Offline Rumpan

• Posting Member
Ok guys yesterday I took off the bandage. Omg i was so scared because my left breast was so swollen. I left to the hospital and i didnt have to wait so they took me inside directly :) then i told my problem and my op was 10 days ago and i have to take off the bandages! - Ok come with me" Then i said "please dont let me look at it first" haha.. Then she took of it.. the high breast was fine but when she took off the left bandage my breast was 5 cm över my body. I shouted "OMG WHAT THE darn IS THIS". She told she had to fetch a doctor.

She came back with the doc and he looked at my breasts.. he squeezed on my breast and told me that is much liquid and blood in there. He fetched anesthetic syringe and a tube. he pressed the syringe and i couldnt feel that anyways because i dont have any feel in my breast part haha. But then he pressed in the tube and filled it with winecoloured blood etc.. ha, he spilled on my face lol.

LISTEN TO THIS! It was 1 CUP BLOOD IN MY BREAST.. that was so strange but my left breast was now almost smaller than the right and i felt damn good! After that i thank them and was pretty happy coz my breast kinda flat now :) They gave me another bandage to have around my body instead of that damn patch the surgeon gave me! Now i feel very good and i hope it not fill with blood again!

Here is some pictures when i took off the patches and after they cleaned it :)

Offline Rumpan

• Posting Member
Picture after they cleaned it and sucked it all out! :)

Offline Rumpan

• Posting Member
He didnt told about any vest or something.. Just that i can take of the bandages in about 10 days "tomorrow" and the stitches come off by itself.

Oh my! I hope he knows what he's doing. I guess different doctors have different procedures when it comes to gynecomastia surgery. I know that some doctors here in the US won't leave drains and some will etc., but from what I read mostly all of them recommend some form of compression while the surgical site is healing.

Maybe your procedure was so slight that it didn't require compression vest? I'm not sure.

Keep us posted.

Just wanna tell you.. Now im tired of the damn bandage. Its going up and down so now i got my bandage + a tight linen XXS size. I wonder if thats good to have bandage under a tight XXS linen? Watch pics!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024