Author Topic: Sports Bras?  (Read 5102 times)

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Anyone have a good recommendation on a sports bra that isn't a masher?  I have some Nike Combat Compression bras (XL, A/B cup) and I think I have grown some, a bra from Soma I tried on a couple years ago fit well band, but loose in the cup, isn't loose anymore (I just bought one, got it for $5 free shipping!).

I have a 40B sports bra that fit great before, but it is really too small in the cup now. 

I use them to sleep in mainly.  I like the compression bra look, but really would like to get something that isn't so mashing feeling. 

Is it just me or when you tend to get bigger in size does it flip you out some?  I just have to ignore the idea that I might get bigger.  :(  I don't want to get bigger given a choice.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You might look into what are called leisure bras or sleep bras.   Their construction is much like the athletic bras but they are less snug.   Some have constructed cups and others, like some athletic bras, have cups that are merely elastic. 

I cannot really recommend a particular one, fit and comfort is very individual.
Grandpa Dan

hammer

I have read that it's not necessary to wear a bra while sleeping! I guess its ok if it's a personal choice, but for myself being as big as I am, it can feel good sometimes to take the bra off. That being said, there are times that I will go days without wearing one at all, even sometimes long enough that Debbie will notice that I'm walking funny due to the fact that I haven't had it in for a few days and she will tell me to put it on!

When I do that, I can't tell you how good it feels to put the bra on! Now I know you problaby ask yourself, "Bob, why the hell don't you just put it on in the first place?"

When I wake up in the morning there are times that I have so much pain to deal with I don't think about much more then getting my pants and shirt on and having my coffee, and think about why some people even try to live longer!

I'm not ashame of wearing a bra! Those same mornings as I wrote about above I sometimes go back and put one on and when I leave the house later I wear nothing but a tee shirt over it!

However, when I go to bed, even while I was just in the hospital, the girls are free to do as they please, In the hospital I was in a 4 man room, and they would have visitors as well. I didn't much care what others thought if they saw my big boobs as I laid in bed #4! I even asked the nurses that gave me my showers if they ever get men with breast that big very often in their care? They said that most men have breast but mine were probably the biggest!.

Sorry about getting so carried away about sleeping bras, and a bit off subject!

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
I would recommend, if you are going to use one, a sports bra that is looser and had cups. I use a sports bra sometimes at night without cups and it feels good to be less restricted but the "guests/ girls" do move around a bit and I would prefer them to be more "obedient" and stay where they should (cups). Cotton sports bras are less prone to squashing than ones with synthetic material. For just relaxing, a good cotton sports bra with or without a cotton tee-shirt over that is very, very comfortable. Champion makes some very nice sports bras and they are very true to size.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 03:25:37 PM by expedient-traveller »

aboywithgirls

I wear a sports bra for exercising and.other physical activity. Being a 38G, I need the support for my workouts.  For everyday, I wear a regular underwire bra. I pretty much wear my bras just as a woman would. I try to wear the right bra for the right job. A woman would not wear.a.sports bra all day at the office. And.niether would a I.

hammer

I wear a sports bra for exercising and.other physical activity. Being a 38G, I need the support for my workouts.  For everyday, I wear a regular underwire bra. I pretty much wear my bras just as a woman would. I try to wear the right bra for the right job. A woman would not wear.a.sports bra all day at the office. And.niether would a I.

The right tools for the job, to get the job done right works best every time!

When we are so well equipped, it's a tough job to keep those girls in line all the time! You and I know that all to well! 38G, 46H some woman would pay good money for them, except for my 46 part! LOL

aboywithgirls

Hey Hammer, absolutely right. Last time I went to Zoe & Company Bra Fitters, The girl who was helping fit me, told me more than once, "I would love to be a G cup". So I was bold enough to ask her "what size are you?" She told me wears a 36C. I told her..."trade?". I got a good laugh out of her.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I am far from a G or H cup, just a 40C.  But sleeping in a bra isn't so uncomfortable as without.  I think for me since I had shoulder surgery in 2010, sleeping has been more difficult because my shoulder hurts laying on my left side and I found laying on my left side my I would get my left arm numb sometimes, and a bra eliminated it almost completely.  So just easier to wear a bra.  A sports bra is ok, but not as good controlling sides like a regular bra.  I generally wear underwire, but I don't like it at night as much as I sleep on my side.

So I just sleep in a bra or compression shirt, just to keep the guests/girls from visiting places they shouldn't, my underarms!

Just thinking an encapsulating bra would be best.

aboywithgirls

Panache makes a terrific encapsulating sports bra. It's what I use for workouts. I like how you made a statement that really sums up how I feel about wearing a bra.  "It's easier to wear a bra than not to."

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
I would sugest moving comfort.  Their bras have cups and are encapsulation bras. Some even clasp in the back like mine making it easier to put on just like a normal bra. movingcomfort.com/  I am an 38A-40B.. I have the moving comfort vero. really now since I lost weight I would probably fit a large. 36A-38B. I mainly ware it for excerisize but it can be worn all day. I have done that many times where I worked up did not work up a real sweat and just ended up waring it all day.  Would you say your a 40c? they have a measuring calculator for their bras which is helpfull. I wanted more support than just squash.. My wife was not to happy when she saw they lifted my boobs instead of squashing them. She thinks that i was trying to enhance them. Really I just wanted true support without feeling like my chest was in a vice..  However they keep them in place and keeps them from moving around during excursive.   movingcomfort.com/en_us/sports-bra-finder  Are more more a 40C if so you have more choices on there. Even if you feel included to need more support they have one with a underwire even.. Its called the Maia..

aboywithgirls

I've heard that quite a few guys have had good luck with the moving comfort bras. I didn't know that they had one available with an underwire.

My wife had some of the same reservations with certain bras that increased my projection. But that is one of my biggest issues is the balance between comfort and concealment. My most comfortable bras are also the ones that make my 38Gs really look like 38Gs. While I don't hide the fact that I have breasts and wear a bra, I don't flaunt the girls either.

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
I've heard that quite a few guys have had good luck with the moving comfort bras. I didn't know that they had one available with an underwire.

My wife had some of the same reservations with certain bras that increased my projection. But that is one of my biggest issues is the balance between comfort and concealment. My most comfortable bras are also the ones that make my 38Gs really look like 38Gs. While I don't hide the fact that I have breasts and wear a bra, I don't flaunt the girls either.

I was very pleased with the comfort level of it.. It was a tad tight band at first..  Although I have lost weight and now im on the middle clasp.. I wear it all the way tight when running.. I like that it has adjustable straps and is convertible. Some can take regular externders which I used for the first month tell I lost weight.. I bought it when I was a 42A now im at 38b 40A ish.. Really I think im more like 36b 38a.  Even though I think im down a 1/2 to 1 cup size from when I weighed 40 pounds heavier. They still bounce uncomfterably when I walk fast or run.. So I still ware it working out..  Mainly I just ware a think dark t-shirt over it. It is very smoothing so you can not see the straps or seams.  I do on hot days do wish I could ware lighter shirts though because the thinker ones are hoter while walking or running..

aboywithgirls

I would love to be a B cup aagain. My 38Gs make it difficult to do a lot of jogging. If I'm not wearing my Panache Sports bra, I won't even do a brisk walk. Don't get me wrong because I'm not complaining about what God gave me because there are lots of women out there that have larger breasts than me and they manage. I just would like to wear some of the things I used to wear.

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
I would love to be a B cup aagain. My 38Gs make it difficult to do a lot of jogging. If I'm not wearing my Panache Sports bra, I won't even do a brisk walk. Don't get me wrong because I'm not complaining about what God gave me because there are lots of women out there that have larger breasts than me and they manage. I just would like to wear some of the things I used to wear.

My wife is 40DD so I don't get much sympathy. LOL Mabye one day they wont bounce and hurt. Mine is all leftover from when I was a teen and had an pituitary glad issue. So dont think they will grow any more.

It is funny I sorta slouch over.. Not on purpose. She told me to fix my posture I tried it they stuck way out LOL.  Add in my sports bra and they really really stick out.. I look kinda funny.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 02:48:01 PM by sofa »

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
Sofa: I find myself doing the slouch-over bit frequently. I guess it is a hold over from the days of extreme fear I would be noticed. When I stand up straight, I do stick out a bit but a 44A/B is nothing compared to some of the rest of you but I think our size is a mind thing to us. I did allow myself a little more freedom with my breasts today at work (very light day) and have allowed myself to stick-out a little more than normal and no one said a thing or gave me a second look. Mind games we deal with, duh!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024