Author Topic: Men in Bras  (Read 9620 times)

steven618

Last week I noticed more volume in my breasts and when I crossed my arms on the couch I noticed also much more ample tissue and noticed also my arms even slightly crossed is now giving me significant cleavage for my size (36a which is now beginning to get pretty tight in the cups :( ) also noticing creases in my skin when i move my arms to put arms on legs sitting and such and when walking there is now the very pronounced jiggle and bounce. I feel I have been in a growth spurt of some sort and it sucks balls. But with change we adjust right. Which is to my point. We all are familiar with the scoop and swoop of putting on a bra and whatnot. But while I have had luck with the few bras I own it is sad to me that you get on youtube or google men in bras, men fitted for bra, male bra fitting, etc and it's just women having fun putting flat men in a bra or prnaks of men wearing bras, vs women bra fitting and there is tons of videos of showing women how to put on, adjust, fit themselves, measure, etc...now I know women have the breasts and men do to on an incredibly much smaller scale in regards to needing a bra or wanting one for support. But it is just frustrating that some of us who have a bit of tissue from solid a cups to dd's and beyond and kudos to those who mustard up the courage to get fitted professionally, i however if continue to grow would be far too embarrassed to do that and it would be great if there was just a few videos out there to give tips tricks and such to men in bras. I understand you can get the same info from a womans video and apply it to your life and wearing of one, but it would be nice to see men with gyno giving some tips and encouragement to those of use out there with this crap to have as a role model for lack of better words in accepting and wearing. Idk pardon my rant just pissed that i'm cutting weight and breasts are getting bigger and wish we had some more awareness out there for acceptance 

hammer

Steven, I know that it is hard and you go through  ups and downs as you go though the acceptance  Rollercoaster! Getting a professional fitting really is no big deal at All! My wife told me that I was treated with more respect, then her and our daughter were when she took her for her fitting. They went to a major department store at the mall of America and I went to a small boutique in St. Paul for mine and that's where I still order all my new bras from.

You will never feel totally comfortable in a bra until you get one that fits perfectly. The ladies do this for men all the time for the same reason you and I need them and they are very professional about how they do it, and make you feel very comfortable.

Make an appointment at the end of the day or the beginning in the middle of the week when it isn't going to be busy, and I will be just fine.

steven618

I think I'm just becoming more self aware and conscious to the fact of having breasts. Before it was no big deal, no pun intended, and while they certainly are not too big or hard to deal with, the fact that I put my shirt on this morning and felt the tightness across the chest more so than before. Before I would get used to it and it wasn't an issue then growths occur and it gets tighter then used to it, tighter then used to it, etc...and before it was simply just oh they appear to be just projected pectorals and aren't shaping or round and such. But put my shirt on today and walked by the mirror and they weren't jutting out like C cups or anything but they were definitely apparent and obvious, even when i put my hands on my sides or raised my arms a bit you could still see them clearly. I put on my 36a bra, as I don't wear them often due to as mentioned before spousal dislike of it a few years ago when I tried before. And looked in the mirror and sure enough they were damn near overflowing the cups. This began when i was 28, stopped, and started again this year in the early months and I'm getting to a pointn of what the hell happens if i do become a c cup or more, wtf happens then. And the thought of going in to a store or boutique and having a sales lady go hi how can i help you, and me answering with yes i need a professional fitting, just makes me nervous of the thought of her thinking im a pervert or fetishist or something peculiar.

Did you call boutiques and ask if they can fit men? I feel I would like to talk to someone over the phone vs in person and seeing their reaction. I am a DJ for weddings which also makes me fearful but i think thats my main insecurity is i'm active in weddings, community, etc i just don't want people knowing DJ (name) wears bras. 

My 36a I know it's small potatoes compared to H but the fact the cups are now full no gaps no anything makes me a bit worrrysome

hammer

Just showed your picture to my wife and she agrees that you need a formal fitting!

Just pick out a place and call ahead, explain that you have gynecomastia and would like to get fitted for support and that you are a little uncomfortable about it, and they will help you out from there.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 04:27:06 PM by hammer »

steven618

She can tell by the picture? That bad? I will try and find a boutique that is a city out or so to try to have discretion my main insecurity is just people finding out and my wife being pissed about bras. I don' think she' care except for before I'd wear some and tell her and long as she was aware she didn' mind she didn' like it but she understood and going back and forth with it I know makes her upset 

hammer

I really think that you need to sit down and have a real heart to heart talk with her, and let her also know about gynecomastia if you haven't yet. Honesty is always the best policy, and the heart to heart will show that.

Good luck my friend with what ever you do, or how ever you handle this!

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
Does not look like an A to me. Sorry.

aboywithgirls

Well, the bra is probably a 36A. However it looks like if.you were going to get professionally fitted for a new bra, you would probably find out that you're going to fill a C cup.
Like my wife told me about my bra size, it's the fit that important, not the size.

hammer

Like my wife told me about my bra size, it's the fit that important, not the size.

So true!

steven618

Well I know I'm definitely not a c cup. My wife is a 38B and there is plenty of room in her bras. Not plenty but quite a bit. This is another 36a I've been wearing all day. Also having a heart to heart is one thing but presenting the topic is another. How do you even open that conversation up...I mean at 31 and 28 me being older and her being conservative and hyper feminine I can' imagine even coming to that discussion. We had it once a year and a half ago when I deleveoped some more  I texted her i was wearing a sports bra for work cause of the comfort and soreness of things and she didn' like it one bit but said she got it and just let her know when i wear it. But that was then and when we got married she asked if all that bra stuff was done and I wasn' growing anymore so I said yes....But now that I'm growing more I'm upset cause I know she absolutely hates when I flip flop on things much less something like this. Also I told her before when asked if she' he turned off by me if they grew more and she said no just like you wouldn' to me if I lost a leg i was like good point. She said if they got to be an issue just get surgery and I said i wouldn't get surgery cause of cost and just wouldn' care if they were double ds I'm ok with my body no matter what happens. So I'm just worried she will get upset and suspicious as if I did this to my damn self somehow. Idk any tips on how to open the conservtion would be great 

steven618

Unsure how to post multiple pictures so forgive me but yeah I'm at a point of thinking they have become apparent l. So do I just sit shirtless and go see these please support the idea of wearing support lol all jokes aside it seems they get bigger by every 2 weeks or so and I'm getting nervous 

hammer

Not knowing you or your wife personally I don't know how to have this conversation, but I do know talking about it through text isn't the way to do it! It least that isn't the old school way of doing it because you can't see your wife's face to know how see is reacting to what ever you are saying.

You need to reeforce that you are not growing breast on purpose and you have no control as to what is going on and at this point even if you wanted surgery it would be to soon, as you need to wait until they stop growing to have a double mastectomy! Yes that is what it is, a double mastectomy. She my not even be thinking about the fact that is what it is! It is also a elective surgery, and out of pocket expensive surgery, and any surgery has risk as well. You could end up looking worse after the surgery then it is before before the surgery!

Have you showed her this forum? Hopefully not the cross dressing bullshit stuff! This is why I don't like seeing guys post that crap here on a forum that is meant to support men with gynecomastia issues! Men have been growing breast for years and I do believe it is rising more and more, be it hormones in food we eat or the meds we take it's just a fact of life.

Other people accept gays, same sex marriage, transgender, ect.... then I don't see why there is a problem with a straight male supporting breast enlargement!

steven618

I'm 110% with you on all accords. And my wife and I communicate things better via text if she's upset I know there will be a text tomorow same with me we are just better typers than talkers. Eliminates the butting in and talking over and facing the response head on and allowing eachother to absorb the others situation or emotion or concerns and process vs having an in the moment discussion that may be in the moment a misunders tanding vs processing it and going on well he ornshe does have a great point. 
When I first developed and told her I was concerned about removing my shirt she said it was dumb and a the time I was not what you see here. Not that I think it looks bad at all and feel it still looks like a man's chest. But told her what it was called and that she can look it up and see the severeties and such and she did and was really shocked. I told her the Dr at the time said it could stop growing tomorrow, .ay stop in a month or year or several years. There's no realistic stopping point for it my Dr said and said long as a source causing it isn' provided it will stall immediately and if there is a source it will grow as long as it will like to. So I said if they got large like noticeably large would she care she said no if she lost a leg would I care I said no she said ok then I was like yeah but it' different when one is faced with it vs saying it before it is there in your face, somewhat literal in regards to the bedroom. A bra for me now is more comfort than necessity as every day I don' need one but at work on forklifts I certainly do. And if they keep growing cause I can't imagine I'm far from a B cup which I'd assume is a point of no return, what do I do then...

She has not seen this site to my knowledge if she has she has never mentioned it to me. Idk if I want her to see my posts an such here not that anything bad ijs here just I don' want her thinking I'm going behind backs to discuss and share especially with pics. But if it continues to grow I will certainly debate to myself in showing her this site 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I would wear a 46A/B except that for the most part, I don't bother.  I wore a binder years ago, similar to what would be called a sports bra today.  When I was younger and a lot more active, I wore that to contain the jiggle and bounce when I was involved in hiking and backpacking.
I think Bob (AKA Hammer) is on the right track, you need a proper fitting.  I suspect that your cup size might be ample but your strap size is way too small. 
As for the breasts growing, that can happen, especially if you are taking medications for prostate enlargement or if you are taking any of several medications that can cause an estrogenic effect.  But I also know that there were several times in my life when I thought my breasts were enlarging but in truth they have been essentially the same since I was in my early teens. For what it is worth, I was 80 on my last birthday.
Grandpa Dan

hammer

Steven, I would have almost predicted you would respond the way that you did as my children age range 25 to 37 and I get to thinking they only know how to communicate is through texting. I however am knocking on 60 years of age January 22nd "if you care to send the very best" lol, and I still know how to pick up a telephone or even make a pot of coffee!  Folgers black silk is my favorite just in case we ever get the chance.

I'm not sure how else I can help you unless we all were sitting in a informal informational room for people that needed to learn about gynecomastia. I don't know what else it will take. My wife and daughters are welcome to read all my post at anytime.

Bob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024