Author Topic: astral projection  (Read 12842 times)

Offline carguy

• Gold Member
  • boobfree 2003!!
I'm still doing this but I'll let this thread die. Plenty of info on it around. Just be careful.

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
A victory for the scientific method, a lame failure for your magical powers.

Any hopes of convincing me that astral projection is real are now dead.  Rest in peace, astral projection.

Offline carguy

• Gold Member
  • boobfree 2003!!
dude you are still at it? this shit is not magic.
ok do this. stare at a wall. Now picture a horse on the wall. How the f**k do you measure that? How can I see what YOU picture?
come back with a good scientific answer.
Your ignorance is so lame. Science doesn't have the tools to test EVERYTHING.. yet.

Offline carguy

• Gold Member
  • boobfree 2003!!
Nevermind all that. I'll stop feeding you. This is 3 pages of not getting anywhere. You are the best troll/pseudo-scientist I've seen.
You might wanna see a therapist as well. It seems that you have some pent up frustration about something...stay in your box. peace

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
My little "box" is called reality.  YOU back up claims such as "astral projection lets you travel around outside your own body and see the world."  That constitutes a TESTABLE claim.  So I set up a fucking test for it.  The null hypothesis is that astral projection is a load of shit.  You have obviously failed to support your claim to the contrary.  Therefore we fail to reject the null hypothesis, and can reasonably assume that astral projection is fairy tale lala land horse shit.

I am a troll?  I've posted a very heavily viewed thread on this site about my surgery experience, which people have gotten a lot of help from.

I am now picturing a horse on my wall.  It isn't something that can be fully measured, apart from certain detectable neural activity.  There isn't yet some device you can put on my head to make pictures out of my thoughts.  AND YOU DO NOT SEE WHAT I PICTURE!  I guarantee our imagined horses would differ in several ways.  Mine may be brown, yours may be black.  Mine may have a saddle, yours may not.  Anyone can imagine a horse on the wall, and it has nothing to do with supernatural mind powers.

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
Alright guys... play nice now

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I'm not at all sure that astral projection is a correct description for certain classes of phenomena.  However, a lack of certain vitamins in the brain (which can occur whatever the level in the body) can cause multi-sensory hallucinations.  When the correct form of these vitamins and sufficient amounts are taken in the correct fashion these hallucinations can end completely within hours. If these deficiencies are not the cause then they don't correct the hallucinations.  If you want to know the details about this then send me a private message or I may see a response here.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
A victory for the scientific method, a lame failure for your magical powers.

Any hopes of convincing me that astral projection is real are now dead.  Rest in peace, astral projection.

that's actually a fallacy under scientific method.  absence of proof to date is not disproof.  having researched this stuff at some length, with more conventional scientific education than most, i think it's real, but also fortean.  the reason i haven't had the chance to work with it more is mostly because i'm a paycheck slave, though i hope that can change.  the nde stuff actually depends on perspective; the agenda-driven researchers set out to disprove, not to discover, and most of their disproofs are actually pretty weak, and credible careful researchers have come up with better - if you actually look into it -- everybody from jeffrey wands to melvin morse to ian stevenson and many others. 

there's really no point in trash talking.  the fact is, it's mostly preconditioning.  if you believe in materialism as a foundation, everything that contradicts it is charlatanism.  if you're an evangelical, it's all dangerous demon stuff.  if you apply scientific principles without bias, however, a world of other things can open up, including measurable breakthroughs at the edge.  it happens every day.  in the meantime, we all still learn to play nice. 

carguy, keep at it and post if you do anything interesting :)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024