Author Topic: Long-term post op  (Read 2043 times)

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
Wow it's been such a long time... I had nearly forgotten about this board.

I'm.... 2 years post op? (I think). Point is, it's been so long that I had literally forgotten the word "gynecomastia". Of course after reading a few posts my whole childhood came jumping back at me.

Bambu you're an admin now? Wow... good to see some people sticking around. Good work on the video too!

Anyway I thought I would make a thread discussing the long-term post-op lingering effects of gyno. For myself, the issue with the breasts themselves is completely gone.. I am very happy with my chest size. I have replaced my wardrobe (with just normal clothes), no longer try and hide in the corner... maybe even a bit more outgoing?

The only lingering effect I can think of is that I still have a tendancy to slouch. My girlfriend is always reminding me to stand straight. It's not a major issue however, and I think over time I can hopefully resolve that by making a more conscious effort to stand straight.

Psycologically however, I don't think there are any remnants of gyno in my head. But perhaps I wasn't taunted as much as some other people were.

Anyone else out there 2+ years post-op have any things they are still dealing with? (other than scars/issues with the surgery itself)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Wow it's been such a long time... I had nearly forgotten about this board.

Wecome back dude!  :)

Bambu you're an admin now?

Yep, got a promotion....  ;D
Merle needed help keeping the board in order...

The only lingering effect I can think of is that I still have a tendancy to slouch.

Yeah, I did that after surgery also. Once I realized that I was still slouching, it didn't take long to overcome it.

Psycologically however, I don't think there are any remnants of gyno in my head.

No Psychocrap left in my head either dude.  ;)

Anyone else out there 2+ years post-op have any things they are still dealing with? (other than scars/issues with the surgery itself)

Nope, life is good....  ;)

It's still difficult to believe tho, that the m(o)(o)bs are gone after all the years that I lived with them.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I love to hear the success stories.

I guess it's easy to change your wardrobe once you're happy with your body.

What's more difficult to correct is the unconscious slouching that guys like you and me have developed over the years.

It's like we automatically do it without thinking about it.

As time goes by and you work on your posture, it'll get better.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024