Author Topic: 6 months post-op workout advice  (Read 3041 times)

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
Hi, I'm around 6 months post op and I'm gonna start going to the gym again and do weights.  HOWEVER, I remember when i was 2 months post-op, my PS told me that if I start going to the gym, I should stay away from working out my chest because "that would defeat our purpose" in his exact words.  Any advice?  Thanks
Surgery Date: Jan 9, 2007
Dr. H. Ukani, Vancouver, BC
Pre/post pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gynecomastia/

Offline fiXXXer

• Bronze Member
I do not know what he means by this.  When a person has gynecomastia, working out the chest/pectoral muscles can cause it to look worse, as the muscle will push the fat and gland further out.

But now, that the gynecomastia is gone, you do not have this problem.  It would make sense to develop your chest - to slab on some muscle for a more masculine appearance.

Unless he gave you a specific reason for not working with your chest (other than what you've said), or you have a reason, I'd say get in there!

Flat Bench Presses, Incline Bench Presses, Pectoral Flies and Dips are a good starting point for developing your chest, as these muscles will work the 3 major muscle groups in your chest.  Also, pressing/using a bar, space your hands out more than less (try lining up your middle or index finger with the "line" or "slit" on the bar, as this will work your chest and not your biceps).
Facing what consumes you is the only way to be free!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
But now, that the gynecomastia is gone, you do not have this problem.  It would make sense to develop your chest - to slab on some muscle for a more masculine appearance.

100% agree with Kyle!

Your PS is smoking very cheap crack dude...

So what your PS is inferring is that if you lift weights you will redevelop gynecomastia...  Bwaaahahaa! What a load of BS!  What is his name dude? Does he have a website?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
Hey man.  I am 4 months post op and I started working out 2 months ago.  My chest is starting to look awesome.  breasts are gone and I'm getting some serious muscle.  My arms are getting bigger and I am wearing tight t-shirts now to "show off" my body.  Its an amazing feeling to forget about gyne.  I hope all of you you haven't had surgery yet can experience this.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024