Author Topic: 8 months, scar tissue behind left nipple still there ?  (Read 1777 times)

Offline PhilippW97

• Posting Member
hello,
I'm new here and I'm from Germany. I had gyno surgery ( just glands removed ) in January this year. After surgery both nipples were flat. But over the course of the healing time they developed scar tissue behind them, on the left more than on the right side. Left side did also bleed more after surgery.
I'm now 8 months post op and my right side ( less scar tissue originally ) looks PERFECTLY FLAT. Just as I would like to have both sides. On the left theres still some scar tissue left. It's gotten less and more flat compared to few months ago but it makes the nipple still look kinda elevated and puffy. Also if you touch both nipples you can feel the difference, the right side is hard with nothing behind it and the left feels smooth because of the left tissue there.

Will this scar tissue at 8 months will get any better to maybe 12 months post ? Should I wait to get another appointment with the doc and ask for Steroid Injections maybe ? Will such injections be effective any time post op or just the first 12 months as I heard from other docs on other forums ?

Thanks very much !

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There is no harm in waiting.  Steroid injections can be done successfully at any time.

Check with your surgeon.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline tgv1337

Dr. Jacobs, can it also be done, lets say, a few years after the surgery? I have a simmilar problem as the author of this thread.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, steroid injections for scar tissue will be effective at any time, even years after the fact.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024