Author Topic: Medical/Surgical Tourism, be careful.  (Read 900 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Over the recent months there has been a series of new people here who came for one purpose only, To tell in glowing details of their surgical experience.   They even know the names of the secretaries and assistiants of the various surgeons and have descriptions of the treatment they received so far from Home.  One common thread is how much money they saved. 
Medical and surgical tourism is a fact of life, but it is not always what they try to tell you it is going to be.  
When I had Heart Surgery last year, the qualifications of the surgeon were everything and I did not even ask about his price.  I still do not know the name of his secretary or even his office assistants.   I was not overly concerned about how smoothly the Anesthesiologist put people to sleep, What I wanted to know was that they were highly successful at waking people up after their surgery. 
Human nature is not to praise good work but to point out any discrepancy.  When I see a lot of highly praising testimonials I tend to question their origin.  When you see a testimonial here, and it has been posted by a newbie who has posted only a few times and always in praise of a specific Doctor, you should just automatically question that information.  
You should automatically reject the testimonial of a person who signed in only to praise their surgeon.  That is contrary to normal.  I did not go on line to praise my Heart Surgeon last year, He did what I expected him to do.         
Grandpa Dan

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Thank you.
Gynecomastia is a condition that carries with it many potential psychological problems. What a person does not need is a botched surgery to even further complicate their problems.  Obviously a person my age is not going to be having much in the way of elective surgery, but for younger users of this site we need to constantly be informing them of the potential risks.  The charlatans who sell the bogus "cures" are not the only people they need to be wary of. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024