Author Topic: Fielding Patients  (Read 16635 times)

Offline loman1

• Posting Member
thansk for the warning brebguy.

Only reason I started with this method is because I've heard of three different doctors who say you need 8 weeks of compression.  One docs in Calgary, the other is bermant the american and one post a I remember reading from Europe where the guy was told to wear his vest for 12 weeks!!

I figured wearing a compression T for 4 weeks would only help.  Maybe I should reconsider?

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
8 and 12 weeks ?!?!?! wow i cant see how that could be good. i dont thing 4 weeks is so bad just dont wear it too tight... but 8 -12 weeks seems a lot to me...

but hey what do i know, i aint no doctor lol
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline bigboy1

To Brebguy:

I'm a new poster here and as a fellow Montreal er, I was wondering what Dr. Fielding charged you for your operation. I was also wondering how long it took you from your first visit with him, to book your operations date.

Now this is an open question for the rest of the board members:

I have a busy schedule with work and all and I really can't afford to be taking time off to be going back and forth from Montreal to Toronto for the post-op visits, so I was wondering if I could get all post-op check ups done in Montreal?

I would be grateful if you guys could take a few moments to answer some of my questions? Thanks!

Offline Crawdaddy

• Posting Member
bigboy:

I had my surgery done last week by Fielding and I'm in MTL. He does surgeries on Wednesday, so if you can take Wed-Fri off, you should be fine. There's no need for a post-op (except for the one the day after your surgery), he'll tell you just to phone him if there are any problems. If you get a bad hematoma you can get it taken care of in MTL.

Offline bigboy1

bigboy:

I had my surgery done last week by Fielding and I'm in MTL. He does surgeries on Wednesday, so if you can take Wed-Fri off, you should be fine. There's no need for a post-op (except for the one the day after your surgery), he'll tell you just to phone him if there are any problems. If you get a bad hematoma you can get it taken care of in MTL.

Thank you Crawdaddy for your response.

Offline alexgon

• Posting Member
brebguy dude, im sorry to hear man...that seriously sucks. Hope something can be done for you man.Good Luck.

I had my surgery on jan 31 and its going well.I went back to the gym 3 weeks post op with no problems, and this a Kick Boxing gym i go to. So alot of skiping and jumping around.No Probs. Im still wearing a compresion t-shirt just to be safe.
My chest looks alright.The nipples still kinda puff out abit, but nothing compared to what it was.Its just the nipple now and dosnt pull out the rest of my chest so its not a big deal.I can wear fitted t-shirts just fine and wouldnt have a prob going top less once i loose the compression shirt.

How much longer should i wear this thing anyways?

I can feel the scars on my nipples from the stitches but nothing major. This is what im suppose to be masaging right? ??? none of the scars a visible.

well, i dont post much anymore cause all this talk about it coming back really freaks me out, and i would really just like to forget about it all.

Goodluck all.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
wassup people,

well to answer your questions folks :

my surgery cost 2650 $ tax in he said my case was severe, not the worst but absolutely undeniable.

had a consult june 12th and decided to go for it about 2 weeks after. so i made the call at the end of june and got a surgery date for august 9th. they offered mid-july but i couldnt make it (because of work)

as crawdaddy said, no need for post up consults, but i dont suggest you go back to work the day after surgery and especially since you dont know when your surgery is going to be in the day. i woke up from surgery at about 6 or 7 pm. did not sleep all night (i just wasnt feeling sleepy, tired though). so i was pretty slow for about 2 days after that considering the lack of sleep. the whole thing is just really uncomfortable cause its itchy and you are always scared to be in a bad position. at least i was. i had no pain wath so ever.

So i would suggest returning to work only a week post op (or more if you can) so you can at least remove the bandages and all the other stuff before cause you would just look very weird or oddly shaped.

no need to go back for post up reviews. its best if you can but if you are from out of town its ok.

Alexgon, as for wearing the compression thing, its at least 3 weeks. i dont suggest you wear it much more than that.
Give your chest a good firm massage every day so that the scar tissue can disapear.

dont be freaked out by my case, i'm like one in a million (seriously) never heard of any Fielding patients seeing their boobs grow back like mine did. his technique is pretty safe for that. the only bad cases i heard were when surgery was performed with either only excision or only lipo (PAL or standard)

what you say is true my friend, i did not post much while my chest looked good and while i thought i was healing. now that its back, i here every day ... so in a way, i hope you wont be posting here too much ;)

cheers guys

Offline bigboy1

wassup people,

well to answer your questions folks :

my surgery cost 2650 $ tax in he said my case was severe, not the worst but absolutely undeniable.

had a consult june 12th and decided to go for it about 2 weeks after. so i made the call at the end of june and got a surgery date for august 9th. they offered mid-july but i couldnt make it (because of work)

as crawdaddy said, no need for post up consults, but i dont suggest you go back to work the day after surgery and especially since you dont know when your surgery is going to be in the day. i woke up from surgery at about 6 or 7 pm. did not sleep all night (i just wasnt feeling sleepy, tired though). so i was pretty slow for about 2 days after that considering the lack of sleep. the whole thing is just really uncomfortable cause its itchy and you are always scared to be in a bad position. at least i was. i had no pain wath so ever.

So i would suggest returning to work only a week post op (or more if you can) so you can at least remove the bandages and all the other stuff before cause you would just look very weird or oddly shaped.

no need to go back for post up reviews. its best if you can but if you are from out of town its ok.

Alexgon, as for wearing the compression thing, its at least 3 weeks. i dont suggest you wear it much more than that.
Give your chest a good firm massage every day so that the scar tissue can disapear.

dont be freaked out by my case, i'm like one in a million (seriously) never heard of any Fielding patients seeing their boobs grow back like mine did. his technique is pretty safe for that. the only bad cases i heard were when surgery was performed with either only excision or only lipo (PAL or standard)

what you say is true my friend, i did not post much while my chest looked good and while i thought i was healing. now that its back, i here every day ... so in a way, i hope you wont be posting here too much ;)

cheers guys

Thanks a lot for responding to my question Brebguy. It's greatly appreciated!

Offline alexgon

• Posting Member
Is it normal for the nipples to be last to heal fully? I know i said they arnt that bad, and they arnt but its still not flat.Just hoping that this is still abit of swelling or something.They are pretty much as puffy as they were, its just the gyne that was taken from behind them that stops it from looking so bad. Had surgery on the jan 31 so its been a months and half.

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Is it normal for the nipples to be last to heal fully? I know i said they arnt that bad, and they arnt but its still not flat.Just hoping that this is still abit of swelling or something.They are pretty much as puffy as they were, its just the gyne that was taken from behind them that stops it from looking so bad. Had surgery on the jan 31 so its been a months and half.

I had puffy nipples and I'm 4 months post-op with Dr Fielding and they are still puffy, the left is worse than the right and I have the impression that he left too much gland on the left side. I don't feel the scars tissues anymore but it still swelling.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
4 months still swelling? That is odd. When i was talking to Fielding i mentioned to him that i probably shouldnt expect final results until 6 months post op, and he said no way, that final results are after 3 months.

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
4 months still swelling? That is odd. When i was talking to Fielding i mentioned to him that i probably shouldnt expect final results until 6 months post op, and he said no way, that final results are after 3 months.

Well, I see a lot of contradictions on this site about what Fielding is saying to us. He told me that could take up to a year for the final results (between 3-12 months he said). He also gave me a sheet with the "what to do" list post-op, and it was written that it could take between 3 and 12 months for the final results.

I think Brebguy and Give me Life were told the same thing by Dr Fielding. Maybe it's the severity of the case that will influence the results? Do you have a mild case MRD?

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Hmm you are right it may depend on the severity of the case. Well he said my case isnt severe, he mentioned that it is mostly fat. I will post link with picture.

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/6406/0801070110od0.jpg
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8421/gyne2as1.jpg

Some gland and a lot of fat.
Its serious to me, but on average of gynecomastia cases thats probably not severe.

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hmm you are right it may depend on the severity of the case. Well he said my case isnt severe, he mentioned that it is mostly fat. I will post link with picture.

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/6406/0801070110od0.jpg
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8421/gyne2as1.jpg

Some gland and a lot of fat.
Its serious to me, but on average of gynecomastia cases thats probably not severe.

Hmmmm. we're the same size I think. I think my case was average with puffy nipples. At the moment like I said, I still have puffies (letf being worse) and the breast has reduce but not completly, I would say 50 %.

I'm curious to undertsand why he told you 3 months, and me and others 3-12 months???

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
I was asking Dr. Fielding about the post-op healing and when to expect to see final results. I told him that i heard it takes up to a year, but he insisted that final results are visible by 3 months.

he does say that, after 3 months you should get a good idea of what your chest will look like once the skin as completely reattached to the muscles and the chest has completely healed. but Bambu is right, it still takes about a year to heal completely, so you may slight changes over the course of the year. but what Fielding says is that you should not get any big suprises after 3 months or so.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024