Author Topic: Surgery in Peru, good results, see the photos.  (Read 3866 times)

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
Well, here it is.

Departed from NYC to Peru on Sunday the 9th. I stayed in Lima one day and then flew to Cusco. Total price for the roundtrip was $631. Met with the doctor on the same day I arrived in Cusco, obviously after checking in the hotel which was accross the street from the clinic. The doctor sent me half a block down to get some blood test. Got the results the same day at 4pm and paid 25solos which is like $7 USD.

Went to see the doctor at 5pm the same day and he was very happy with the results from the lab. He scheduled the surgery for the following day at noon. I was nervous but showed on time. His nurse gave me two pills and seated in the waiting room.

Twenty minutes later the surgeon showed up. Took me into the operating room and was very understanding. He grabbed my glands and drew around them. I told him that they bother me and want them all out. It was all done under local anesthesia, which is freaky since I saw the whole thing.

He injected me with the anesthesia in several areas of my chest, then injected more fluids into my chest which made it appear if I had 34d. He made two small incisions and began the liposuction first. He was unable to get a lot of fat since I did not have any. He then made the incisions and removed the massive glands, I mean massive. He stiched me up and took photos of me and the glands.

Well, the only thing I had is some minor bruising and my left side is swollen. I guess I had some bleeding which he drained several hours after. Overall, I feel great, was able to walk around the same day. Do not feel any pain but only discomfort. The best thing is that I look at the mirror and I am very flat, not totally since I used to bodybuild and have some good muscle size. I will be posting the photos when I get back in the states since I have no way of doing it here.

So the total cost is:

plane ride   631
surgery     800
hotel         45
food          15

total       1491

Can any doctor in the US beat that? I don´t think so.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 12:06:33 PM by BigLouJr »

Offline binap

• Posting Member
Congratulations! Your chest will continue to improve post-op. In 3-4 weeks you will look and feel great. How long do you plan on staying in Peru post-op?

-Rob

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
Actually, just got back home today. The left side is coming out better now, some of the bruising is turning yellow. My wife is going to remove the stitches next friday. I am so happy, finally no more boobs. Soon I will post the photos. Send me a message if you want more information. I'll let you know in 3 weeks how everything came out and you all could see the pics. Is good to be boob free.

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
Here it goes.

Arrived on a monday and did some blood work. The following day the surgery was performed under local anesthesia. No pain during the surgery which I was awake and observed, I still did not have any pain after it. I was able and still able to walk and move my arms. Liposuction was done and I think it created the most trauma on my left side. 95% of the glands were removed by excision which I saw a flatter chest after the surgery. The areolas reduced in size after the surgery, after the swelling comes down they will be me even smaller, according to the surgeon. The stitches were done internal and external, which the external were done in a way to reduced its appearance after they heal.

Experienced some internal bleeding after trying to put my compression vest by myself on which was very tight; word of wisdom, do not use any force after the surgery. Anyways, went back to the surgeon two hours later and he removed all of the internal blood and left a drain for a day. Now most wait at least 15 days for the bruising and swelling to go away. For the most part, I did not and still do no feel any pain. And of utmost important, I do not see, feel any glands. No more antenna nipples and boops. I feel happy and great.

To those of you that are students on a limited budget like myself, I strongly recommend you doing it abroad; especially if you speak spanish. Everything was cheap in Peru. You could eat a nice meal for about $2 USD. Hotel was about $20 USD a day and it includes breakfast. Taxi cab to the hotel from the airport was $2.50 USD. The surgery was $800 including anesthesia, post surgery medicine and all of the cost from the follow up visits. Doctor even called at my hotel room daily while I was there. Hotel was accross the street from his office and surgery clinic. Airplane ride roundtrip was $630 and $50 in airport fees in total. Everything was under $1500.

Left Side before & 2 days after surgery, major swelling on this side.

Right Side before & 2 days after surgery, minor swelling on this side

Frontal photo pre and 2 days post-op.

The removed glands were huge.

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
I had some minor bleeding on the left side, I guess it was a small vein or artery. The doctor stopped and drained the bleeding the same day. The dark color goes away within 2 weeks. The swelling should take the same day. I done 4 surgeries before this one and had bruising in all of them, which were conducted under general anesthesia.

This time it was done under local and I never felt bad at all. I was walking the same day, when to eat without help, and never felt sick like I did when it was done with general. In conclusion, I think that what really makes feel sick and in pain is the anesthesia. The general anesthesia is like almost killing your body and then bringing it back, hence why they put a tube down your throat in case they have to revive you.

Now is four days later and It looks better. A lot of the blue is turning yellow as it suppose to do.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024