Author Topic: Skin around areola  (Read 3145 times)

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
I'm 13 months post-op and i still have a white circle around the areola. IT just looks as if the skin depigmented. IS there any way i can help the repigmentation? Maybe some skin darkening cream?
Or sun tanning?

The white color makes it looks puffy since it is not completely flat, but it looks more puffy than it is.

Offline Kilgore

I had areola repigmentation around the areola to cover up the scars, which was basically an areola colored tattoo placed around the areola to camouflage the scars.  I, however, had this done twice, and after 4 to 6 months, the tattoo faded, which then revealed the scars.  I think that it's somewhat common for scar tissue to not accept the ink.  It has been two years since the last time I had this simple, safe, and quick procedure done, and I have been using Mederma on the scars to try to let them heal some more before I attempt to disguise the scars again. This is something you might want to look in to.  This is not something done at a tattoo parlor; it is done in a medical office.  You should ask your surgeon about this. Let me know if he gives you any advice or alternatives. It will benefit me, too.

Because my areolas did look good for about two months after having this done. I plan to go back have it done again. And if it continues to fade, I possibly might continue to have it done just before summertime, every year.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024