Author Topic: How has gyno surgery changed you life?  (Read 6847 times)

Offline TheOregonKid

• Posting Member
I'm looking forward to my gyno surgery in a couple of weeks.

My gyno has really effected my confidence and my female friends have said they notice that I keep my arms crossed and chest hidden which seems closed off and unconfident.  Despite having a 95% nice, slim, and fit body, my gyno makes me feel like I'm ugly and nit attractive.   I've saved for years to get this surgery and the moment is finally at hand!  How has your gyno surgery changed your life?  Specific examples would be appreciated.  Have people made comments about the ways that you have changed?

Thanks,

Kid
“Whoever despises himself still esteems the despiser within himself” -Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I have not had surgery for a number of reasons but there are a few people here who have that are sure to respond.

The truth is that many simply lose interest in the site after having surgery/ I think you can take that as a very strong,though tacit, statement in favor of surgery.

Many who have had surgery describe the results as "liberating" or "life changing." Unfortunately only a small number of these people stay with us over time to serve as an information resource.

There are a small number of men who have had surgical experiences that were not satisfactory. They are righteously pissed off and can be quite vocal. Many of the bad stories relate either to procedures performed long ago before present methods were instituted or to procedures performed by surgeons not properly qualified or experienced in this type of surgery.

G B Has been here nearly 6 years and he can be a great information resource.
Grandpa Dan

Offline TheCorrectedOne

• Posting Member
i can only say that it TOTALY changed my life. see for your self: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21661.0
i even had a long conversation with an old schoolfriend 3 days after leaving the klinik that i haven't seen for 10 years, whel i've seen her 2 years ago but i wouldn't have dared to make my self noticable to her in those times. She talked to me as if everything was normal and i was even able to take deep breaths during the talk making my chest stick out quite far. one of my best aftersurgery experiences that was. the strange thing was that everything seemed so normal wich proofs that i was realy succesfull in hiding my breasts way back in school. The result of always hiding it with a bent back is a minor hunchback, but so what all's ok now. 
So if if you allready saved the money for your surgery, i would say just go for it. My best Wishes.
if you can't accept yourself, you're just living to die soon

Offline secondtime

Aside from just giving much more confidence, which it will, it also creates the mentality that if something isn't right in your life you don't have to keep it that way. You'll feel a lot less hopeless because this is a perfect example of how when life presents you with a challenge, you just overcome it and keep moving forward.

Good luck, and you owe yourself a big pat on the back for addressing your problem!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:52:03 AM by secondtime »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Kid...

Congrats on your upcoming surgery dude...

As for your question of how surgery has changed lives...  well, I don't live in 'fear' anymore... the fear that people would notice my 'D' cups and if they would point them out and laugh...  Yeah, all the G related fears, anxieties and stresses are gone... Oh what a feeling!!!

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
GB Has been here nearly 6 years and he can be a great information resource.

As with yourself Dan!!!  ;)

You and I are the only site veterans left...

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024