Author Topic: Almost there... But worried about get back to work  (Read 2852 times)

Offline BR_Guy

• Posting Member
I'm about to get my surgery and I'm concerning about the time needed to get back to work.
I'm a software developer and have to carry my heavy notebook and travel by car and airplane.
Can any one tell me about his self experience on this ?
How much time did you take to get back driving you car ?
Can I carry my notebook without compromise the surgery ?

Thank you all.

Offline wolfpack24

• Posting Member
I had my surgery on Friday and went to work today. Still feel some pain but i was able to work and drive. As long as your bags arent real heavy, you should be ok. Good Luck!

Offline BR_Guy

• Posting Member
Thank you, and congratulations.

Offline newgyneguy

• Posting Member
I had surgery on Thursday, and I could drive by Saturday, and was fine to return to work by Monday.  No one would even know I had the surgery, if I didnt tell them.

Offline mikey1984

• Posting Member
I had surgery on a tuesday, I did attempt to drive that thursday but is was kind of painful and I was taking some pain meds so I didn't need to drive.  I was able to drive but it takes a lot out of me to do so considering I'm 12 days post op and still have a lot of soreness.  I was told to do no heavy lifting for at least 30 days.  So therefore I'm out of work for a month because I life 50lbs + every 5 minutes or so.

Offline BR_Guy

• Posting Member
The "Almost there" come.
I had my surgery yesterday.

I'm fine, and feel just few pain.
I can move my arms very well and I hope I`ll drive to the surgeon's office next thursday.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024