Author Topic: Do any medical insurance companies cover a gyno operation even partially?  (Read 6170 times)

Offline rolls

• Posting Member
I am with health partners currently and I doubt they do cover it, however I am willing to wait a year if it means I can get a rebate as $7k for the best surgeon (I won't settle for anything less) is a shitload of money, not something I will be able to afford until I finish uni (another year of engineering woo).

I have lost 10kg already and put on a large amount of muscle, looking to lose more fat before the op but I will still need surgery to completely remove it.

Can anyone tell me if their medical insurance covered it?

Offline rolls

• Posting Member
Hmm I have the gold extras plan with health partners but apparently they only cover it if you've had treatment for 6 months without success, had it last for more than 6 months AND you have pain from it.

load of shit, oh well guess I am changing providers and waiting a year, that and I keep exercising like a maniac to get my bf below 10%, maybe that will make it bearable, already down to 13%.

Offline rolls

• Posting Member
I'm just going to go to my normal doctor and lie that I have pain as I meet all the other conditions, will report back.

edit: actually I might call up and ask about that as well, compare how much they will cover as if there is no waiting period and they will cover more might be worth it.

Offline rolls

• Posting Member
would need to get the total fee under $4k for me to consider it, so will report back when I find out.

Offline rolls

• Posting Member
Decided getting this surgery is a massive cop out unless I've already got my body fat below 10%.

Reckon I can get it to a stage where I don't care if I keep dropping weight, down 7kg in 6 weeks so far!

Offline Ethanel

Hi,
I do not know any insurance company or medical insurance company which also facilitate for gyno surgery.
If any body know then i will be glad to know the name of that company.........
short term disability insurance
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:11:23 AM by Ethanel »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024