Author Topic: Hello, new user  (Read 2447 times)

Offline bridgey

hi my name is Ryan

i have joined here becuase i think i have gynecomastia but i am overweight and losing it but my breast dont seem to be shrinking.

i will post pictures so you can have a look.

I look forward to chatting.

Ryan

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Purely for the health benefits weight loss is probably a very good thing to do. Seldom does weight loss bring about a very significant reduction in breast size. There are exceptions though so you might get lucky.

Welcome aboard.
Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

hi my name is Ryan

i have joined here becuase i think i have gynecomastia but i am overweight and losing it but my breast dont seem to be shrinking.

i will post pictures so you can have a look.

I look forward to chatting.

Ryan

In men the belly and chest regions put on the fat first, and take the fat off last. The weight loss will not get rid of the gland contour and the loose skin can become a major factor. Being patient is important when embarking on such a life changing process. In massive weight loss issues, the skin can then take a great deal of time to catch up: for gastric bypass patients sometimes as long as 6 to 18 months. That is why I built a demonstration of body shaping garments to contour such works in progress so they can better manage frustration issues.

This has been a common question on this forum and you can search for others asking it and more complete answers with examples here.

The main issue is just how do you feel with the weight loss so far? What weight did you start with? Are you tracking your body fat percentage which is critical to understand progress since weight alone is not enough.

Purely for the health benefits weight loss is probably a very good thing to do. Seldom does weight loss bring about a very significant reduction in breast size. There are exceptions though so you might get lucky.

Welcome aboard.

Your advice is always so valuable, but one point I disagree.  I have seen so many major improvements in breast contour from my patients who have chosen to try to lose weight. I include some examples on my website, but normally do not photograph each weight loss discussion patient. Beyond the breast, patients have changed other medical issues like blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid, and many other problems with getting global fat problems under better control. That is why I rather encourage the process.

This is not the exception, but rather the norm.  However, there needs to be a realistic understanding of the limitations of the process. But that brings me back to a common theme: documentation. Why not document your current condition with my

Standard Loose Skin Male Chest Pictures?

That set is designed to show extra skin issues for my male mastopexy patients but also would show just how much the loose skin becomes a factor for the weight loss patient. The bending over views I demonstrate, use gravity to show just how much the breasts hang from the body.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Doctor Bermant,

Your correction is always so well tempered with kind words that I actually look forward to the times when you disagree with me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024