Author Topic: 10 month post-op gynecomastia surgery  (Read 2715 times)

Offline Cheqel

Dear Doctors & Friends

It has been a long way since i first had my gynecomastia surgery, some days were super hard and others were moderately ok, i think currently im in the late stages of healing from the surgery, i dealt with lots of scar tissue beneath my areolas, i had about 4 or 5 injection sessions of cortisone so far... the doctor was very cautious with the injections, trying very hard to avoid any cratering possibilities, even though i got a little crater on my right side which is ok...
but what im greatly concerned about is the remaining scar tissue on my right upper side of the areola which still needs some cortisone, my question is, would the cortisone still work after 10 month post surgery?? im very anxious and uncapable of having a revision surgery, and i wouldn't have the guts to go through this process of healing ever again... i would really like to know if there is still a possibility for the remaining scar tissue to melt after all this time.

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Time is absolutely NOT a factor.  Scar tissue will respond to appropriate injections of cortisone no matter long it has been since surgery.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline mediator

• Posting Member
How about 4 years after the surgery? Will the scar tissue still respond to the injections?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, I believe scar tissue will respond to kenalog no matter how long it has been there.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024