Author Topic: ARIMIDEX users, please  (Read 5112 times)

Offline brm

• Bronze Member
The potential effect of arimidex is unclear. Though browsing through tons of web pages,  I 've not been able to establish whether Arimidex can resolve mild and recent cases of gyno or simply prevents things from getting worse. Please what are your actual personal experiences to this respect? Has  anyone of you (in the described situation) been cured? Or what has to be added to make the treatment real effective? Thank you very much.

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
just depends.  it's an aromotyze inhibitor. so if you've ever tried any of those supplement versions of crap claiming to raise ur test, lower ur est.. it's in theory the exact same thing

except this is a over the counter drug and a lot more powerful

it will help u maybe, and maybe it wont.  just too many factors

Offline Hypo-is-here

I have been prescribed it and it prevented the gynecomastia getting worse but it did not reduce or resolve the gynecomastia.

Many men who have hypogonadism are on arimidex as well as testosterone replacement therapy and the overwhelming impression is that it helps prevent gynecomastia, but does not seem to be effective in reducing or resolving it.

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
I have been prescribed it and it prevented the gynecomastia getting worse but it did not reduce or resolve the gynecomastia.

Many men who have hypogonadism are on arimidex as well as testosterone replacement therapy and the overwhelming impression is that it helps prevent gynecomastia, but does not seem to be effective in reducing or resolving it.

well there's the fact that it's prescribed to combat elevated estrogen levels when taking test replacement therapy..

so i dont think anyone should hope to resolve gyno with this.  IT should in theory help things somewhat/stop things from growing..

but then again i'm sure some people wont see reduction

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
I bought a course of arrimadex from a back street gym
, which was very expensive as it's only out in britain for breast cancer patients. It did reduce the tenderness but there was no change in size.....it just stops it getting bigger.....i think if you take it during the early stages of gyne before it exopands and become fiberous it should in theory work well ( Just like novadex) .

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
Thing is.  All these people claiming that short term has a better chance of going away with meds have 0 proof.

this is all anecdotal.

what i have is studies showing gyno reduction with no kind of difference between long term sufferes, and teens who just got it...

i mean u can also use some good old fashoned anecdotal evidence from post menapausal women.

their breasts shrink.

they sag

this is from decreased estrogen levels..

this is women who have had boobs their whole life.

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
 virtually everyone will respond somehow in terms of altering ur hormone balance.

it's no mystery.

phenotypic changes occur from alterting test-est ratios.  

now the amount your chest will shrink is just random from person to person.

but i really doubt somone who does the treatment their docs prescribe correctly will see 0 difference.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 11:53:51 AM by gynosucks1 »

Offline Hypo-is-here

Thing is.  All these people claiming that short term has a better chance of going away with meds have 0 proof.

this is all anecdotal.

what i have is studies showing gyno reduction with no kind of difference between long term sufferes, and teens who just got it...

i mean u can also use some good old fashoned anecdotal evidence from post menapausal women.

their breasts shrink.

they sag

this is from decreased estrogen levels..

this is women who have had boobs their whole life.

It is not anecdotal.

Ask any plastic surgeon.

After the developmental phase the breast tissue becomes more fibrous- and the studies show that when this happens it is less likely to respond as dramatically to medications.

Put a question to Dr B on this site and he will explain as I have, but with more detail regarding the nature of the tissue itself.

All the top reproductive endocrinologists also know about this fact.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 12:49:52 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline brm

• Bronze Member
OK guys. Thank you for your replies. But, then if  we state that the odds for some improvement of gyno are low with Arimidex on  its own, which should i use to help it: SERM or, as I've been doing, Andractim? or Both? And how long  must all this be taken to see some improvement setting in? (my gyno, a mild one, has developped in the last 2 months and the soreness is slowly fading away after 2  weeks on arimidex and some little daily andractim). Thank you again.

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
OK guys. Thank you for your replies. But, then if  we state that the odds for some improvement of gyno are low with Arimidex on  its own, which should i use to help it: SERM or, as I've been doing, Andractim? or Both? And how long  must all this be taken to see some improvement setting in? (my gyno, a mild one, has developped in the last 2 months and the soreness is slowly fading away after 2  weeks on arimidex and some little daily andractim). Thank you again.

Honestly most people who get anabolic induced gyno say nolva all the way.

if i just got this 2 months ago i would start a two month treatment tapering down.

do 80 mgs nolva and taper down by 10 mgs each week.

this is just what i see on bodybuilding boards for recent anbolic induced gyno.

Offline brm

• Bronze Member
Thank you for this accurate reply and the browsing time it saves me. BUT: is your advice the same given that I got this gyno from Avodart (a powerful drug prescribed to me for hairloss)?
Thank you.

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
Thank you for this accurate reply and the browsing time it saves me. BUT: is your advice the same given that I got this gyno from Avodart (a powerful drug prescribed to me for hairloss)?
Thank you.

bro if you're going toattempt to treat gyno with meds do it right.

the best thing clinically proven is raloxifene by evista atm.

honestly if i got gyno from a hairloss product i would attempt to treat it with meds first.

arimidex is a nice drug, andmight help you.

however Femera is a better drug in terms if aromotyze inhibotors.

It just sounds like you need to do some research, then talk to your endo.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024