Author Topic: Need Help...Confused  (Read 2538 times)

Offline digitalgangsta21

• Posting Member
So I really need help from anybody, sicne I have nobody to turn to. I'm 18, heading off to college. I was a late bloomer, and I'm still growing. In the past 3 weeks I've gained 15 pounds...either filling out or getting ready to grow. During this time my gyno has been changing a little. I can't notice if it's increasing or decreasing, but I think it might have to do with me growing. Whatever the case is, I need help from the older victims.

I made a promise to myself I wouldn't let this slow me down in any way for college. I want to rush and join a frat, but I am extremley nervous that some of the hazing might involve taking my shirt off and going to a soroitey, or just stripping down infront of people. Do they do this in frats? What else should I be afraid of at college?

Offline flex1appeal

Yes, they can have some hazing that may involve taking your shirt off or more. As for fearing college I wouldn't. College should be the best time of your life...not the scariest. If a fraternity scares you so much for what you may have to do to join then just don't join. Trust me, they aren't all that they are cracked up to be. You'll find alot of comradery in the dorms themselves and will find yourself going out partying often and won't have to fear that one night may involve you stripping down to be accepted. I know this isn't the advice you want but it's the only advice I have.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Dude, You don't need to join a frat to get friends.  I know some of you may disagree with that statement, but I went through college as a pretty popular guy with a lot of friends and girlfriends.  I didn't join a frat mainly for the reasons you have brought up in your post.  My gyne was pretty severe and I had some of the same concerns.  The point is that during all that I really wondered why all those people were paying good money for friends and going through those rediculous hazings when I had more real friends than most of them.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Rapid weight gain (or loss) is a very good reason to see a Doctor.

I too was a late bloomer, but that was a long time ago. It sounds to me like you should be seeing an Endocrinologist.
Grandpa Dan

Offline digitalgangsta21

• Posting Member
Why? I thought gaining weight and growing were both natural. Over the course I've gained 15pounds I've grew an inch, and none of its fat. Who Knows.

I'm at the point where sometimes I have no problem with the gyne and others I hate it a ton. Joining a frat has always been something I wanted to do...who knows

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I agree with the other guys. I didn't join a frat and had friends and girls.

The truth is, you don't need the frat

Tha bottom line is, you should join the frat because that's what you've always wanted.

One thing is certain, the more you laugh at your condition, the less others will.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 07:12:33 PM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024