Author Topic: What gets deleted or banned?  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I am a person who abhors censorship yet sometimes we do things simply because they are the right thing to do.

Tonight I removed three postings which were blatant advertisements for steroids. I also banned the person who posted these three ads. The person had only posted three items and all were advertisements for steroids using off-shore pharmacies to circumvent US prescription rules.

There are legitimate ways to advertise, but this is not the place.  There are legitimate businesses that pay for advertising space, attempting to get free advertising by injecting it into a discussion forum is not the way a legitimate business operates.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 11:27:43 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline Hypo-is-here

There is no such things as absolute rights, if everyone was free to do anything/everything then we would have anarchy and in anarchy each of our freedoms would mean very little.

All you have done is correctly balance one persons rights against that of the entire community and our collective right not to have someone pretending to be something they're not and advertising to us in a support forum.

Good work Paw Paw.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!

Good work Paw Paw.

I'll second that!  ;)

MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I must say, I have certainly noticed an improvement since we got the new mods.

In most cases, the greater good is served by banning those individuals who show disrespect to the site.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I am glad to hear that. Thanks for the feedback.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024