Author Topic: 20 days post op, nipple destortion when flexing  (Read 2651 times)

Offline fguide23

Hello,

20 days post op and noticed that when I flex my nipples distort and are not quite centered on my pectoral muscles. I read that this is because of scar formation. Anything I ca do? Massage? If yes, how hard and how long do I massage? Any oil, cream?

Thank you

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
At 20 days postop, you're still in the early stages of wound healing.  Your surgeon needs to be aware of how you're doing and aware of your concerns.  You need to call his/her office and discuss this with the surgeon or at least the nurse.

If you received instructions on postop massage, you need to follow the instructions exactly.
I don't mean to be unhelpful; you just need your surgeon aware of what's going on.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

DrBermant

Hello,

20 days post op and noticed that when I flex my nipples distort and are not quite centered on my pectoral muscles. I read that this is because of scar formation. Anything I ca do? Massage? If yes, how hard and how long do I massage? Any oil, cream?

Thank you

Scars are part of the body's healing process. I prefer to individualize the Scar Care and After Gynecomastia Surgery Compression Therapy for each of my patients. I feel such patient education is critical for optimal results. But like cooking a soup, changing chefs mid preparation can result in a disaster. Check what your surgeon's prefers and why would be the next logical step to producing results like what that doctor demonstrates of what their skills produce.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024