Author Topic: PUFFY NIPPLES / AREOLAS BUT NO GLAND!!  (Read 26504 times)

Offline MSJ108

I have a slight case of gyne. When my areolas are stimulated or I am cold my areolas are small and hard. However, when warm or areolas and nipples are not stimulated the areolas puff out. I went to three different Doctors and they all agree I have almost no gland behind the nipple. The Doctors are confused on what will procedure will best reduce the occasionally puffy areaols. I have read many threads on puffy nipples and it seems almost all people with my condition have a large gland that needs to be removed. Any suggestion or feedback from those with a similar condition?

At this point I am leaning toward getting lipo and then the doctor will remove glad if necessary. He said once some of the fat is removed he may be able to find some glad to be removed. Thanks all!

Offline MSJ108

Offline MSJ108

I just saw this on Dr. Bermant's website. This is def. the case with myself.

"Male breast reduction excising is not a good treatment for gynecomastia. It can help shape the muscle itself. With a thin layer between the muscle and skin, a small collection of fat and gland will stand out. Build up the muscles, and the protrusion worsens."

DrBermant

I just saw this on Dr. Bermant's website. This is def. the case with myself.

"Male breast reduction excising is not a good treatment for gynecomastia. It can help shape the muscle itself. With a thin layer between the muscle and skin, a small collection of fat and gland will stand out. Build up the muscles, and the protrusion worsens."

Thank you for finding the typo. I have fixed it and tried to better state the issues on that page:

For male breast reduction, exercising is not a good treatment for gynecomastia. Exercises can help shape the muscle itself. With a thin layer between the muscle and skin, a small collection of fat and gland will stand out. Build up the muscles, what sits on top of the muscles is pushed further forward, and the protrusion worsens.

I always appreciate ways to improve my resources for the public.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

DrBermant

I have a slight case of gyne. When my areolas are stimulated or I am cold my areolas are small and hard. However, when warm or areolas and nipples are not stimulated the areolas puff out. I went to three different Doctors and they all agree I have almost no gland behind the nipple. The Doctors are confused on what will procedure will best reduce the occasionally puffy areaols. I have read many threads on puffy nipples and it seems almost all people with my condition have a large gland that needs to be removed. Any suggestion or feedback from those with a similar condition?

At this point I am leaning toward getting lipo and then the doctor will remove glad if necessary. He said once some of the fat is removed he may be able to find some glad to be removed. Thanks all!

"Puffy Nipps" can be a problem behind the areola that can take many forms.  The deformity is usually a varying combination of fat and gland.  The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass.  There is a thin muscle under the areola skin that can flatten tissue when stimulated. Unfortunately it is impractical to keep stimulating these muscles.

I prefer to use my Dynamic Technique for my Male Breast Puffy Nipple Reduction.  That way I am able to use what I find during surgery to guide what needs to be done for any particular problem.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline MSJ108

"Puffy Nipps" can be a problem behind the areola that can take many forms.  The deformity is usually a varying combination of fat and gland.  The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass.  There is a thin muscle under the areola skin that can flatten tissue when stimulated. Unfortunately it is impractical to keep stimulating these muscles.

I prefer to use my Dynamic Technique for my Male Breast Puffy Nipple Reduction.  That way I am able to use what I find during surgery to guide what needs to be done for any particular problem.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Thanks Doc! I think this is the key part of your statement " The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass. "

I'm not a doctor but I am willing to bet the combination of a large amount of muscle mass and gland that is either "soft or spread through fat" is my problem.

Thanks

Offline MSJ108

Offline sur_vivor

• Posting Member
"Puffy Nipps" can be a problem behind the areola that can take many forms.  The deformity is usually a varying combination of fat and gland.  The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass".  

Dr.Bermant,
I would like to know if mammoplasty/liposuction/lipoplasty alone can take out both fat and gland if the gland is small, "soft, spread through fat" as you said. I had puffy nipples, so I went for Hormone test, Ultrasound and Mammogram to ascertain possibility of tumour or enlarged gland or any other possible related problems. As per the reports, the doctors said my hormone levels are normal and there are only fats on the nipples. Recently I had tumescent bilateral mammoplasty done with "total 50 ml of fat aspirated". The doctor also told me that there was small portion of gland extracted along with the fat. In that case, I assume the gland was "soft and spread through fat" and came out along with fat. Could that be possible? I would like to know your opinion on this. I remember I had hard bilateral puffy nipples during my adolescent years but completely regressed after some time. Then about a year ago, puffy nipples resurfaced again but they were soft. Now I'm 32 years. As for my mammoplasty surgery, I will know the real result after some time. I would be grateful for your opinion on this particular case.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 01:14:22 PM by sur_vivor »

Offline MSJ108

Offline sur_vivor

• Posting Member
Hello MSJ108, have you done surgery yet? I would like to know how it went for you because we seem to have similar condition. In my case, the doctor told me I had a small gland and so he did only liposuction. When I asked him whether that small gland was extracted, he said it was taken out as well along with fats. My dressing was removed today and I'm quite satisfied with the way things have turned out, though I still have to see how it progresses. My chest is more flat now as compared to before surgery. There's still a bit of puffy nipple on my right side but doctor said it will go away gradually as I keep wearing compression vest, which I have been advised to put on for six weeks, 24x7. Looks like Liposuction/Lipoplasty/Mammoplasty have same meaning. My medical report card said "bilateral mammoplasty surgery".

DrBermant

"Puffy Nipps" can be a problem behind the areola that can take many forms.  The deformity is usually a varying combination of fat and gland.  The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass".   

Dr.Bermant,
I would like to know if mammoplasty/liposuction/lipoplasty alone can take out both fat and gland if the gland is small, "soft, spread through fat" as you said. I had puffy nipples, so I went for Hormone test, Ultrasound and Mammogram to ascertain possibility of tumour or enlarged gland or any other possible related problems. As per the reports, the doctors said my hormone levels are normal and there are only fats on the nipples. Recently I had tumescent bilateral mammoplasty done with "total 50 ml of fat aspirated". The doctor also told me that there was small portion of gland extracted along with the fat. In that case, I assume the gland was "soft andspread through fat" and came out along with fat. Could that be possible? I would like to know your opinion on this. I remember I had hard bilateral puffy nipples during my adolescent years but completely regressed after some time. Then about a year ago, puffy nipples resurfaced again but they were soft. Now I'm 32 years. As for my mammoplasty surgery, I will know the real result after some time. I would be grateful for your opinion on this particular case.

There are many possible causes for Puffy Nipples After Gynecomastia Surgery.

We are glad to help patients explore their concerns during a consultation or Preliminary Remote Disucssion

If interested in learning more, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.
Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline MSJ108

Hello MSJ108, have you done surgery yet? I would like to know how it went for you because we seem to have similar condition. In my case, the doctor told me I had a small gland and so he did only liposuction. When I asked him whether that small gland was extracted, he said it was taken out as well along with fats. My dressing was removed today and I'm quite satisfied with the way things have turned out, though I still have to see how it progresses. My chest is more flat now as compared to before surgery. There's still a bit of puffy nipple on my right side but doctor said it will go away gradually as I keep wearing compression vest, which I have been advised to put on for six weeks, 24x7. Looks like Liposuction/Lipoplasty/Mammoplasty have same meaning. My medical report card said "bilateral mammoplasty surgery".

Thank you for your postings my friend! No sir I have not yet had the surgery. You are correct, are conditions seem to be very similar. I am glad to hear things turned out well for you. I wish my problem was more clear cut so I would have no reservations in getting the surgery. However, after reading your post I am more confident in getting it done.

Its very strange that my prolactin levels are normal and not hard gland is there, yet my chest looks similar to others with minor gynecomastia. My nipples basically have three different appearances - Very puffy (usually first thing in the morning and when very warm), semi-puffy, and very small and tight (when stimulated, very cold, or just out of the shower/pool). I believe, I am going to go forward with it. I hope my outcome is as good as yours!! I will keep you posted if you are interested.

Offline MSJ108

Dr.Bermant,
I would like to know if mammoplasty/liposuction/lipoplasty alone can take out both fat and gland if the gland is small, "soft, spread through fat" as you said. I had puffy nipples, so I went for Hormone test, Ultrasound and Mammogram to ascertain possibility of tumour or enlarged gland or any other possible related problems. As per the reports, the doctors said my hormone levels are normal and there are only fats on the nipples. Recently I had tumescent bilateral mammoplasty done with "total 50 ml of fat aspirated". The doctor also told me that there was small portion of gland extracted along with the fat. In that case, I assume the gland was "soft andspread through fat" and came out along with fat. Could that be possible? I would like to know your opinion on this. I remember I had hard bilateral puffy nipples during my adolescent years but completely regressed after some time. Then about a year ago, puffy nipples resurfaced again but they were soft. Now I'm 32 years. As for my mammoplasty surgery, I will know the real result after some time. I would be grateful for your opinion on this particular case.

We are glad to help patients explore their concerns during a consultation or Preliminary Remote Disucssion

If interested in learning more, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.
Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Thanks Doc! I wish you were located closer to me!

Offline sur_vivor

• Posting Member

Thank you for your postings my friend! No sir I have not yet had the surgery. You are correct, are conditions seem to be very similar. I am glad to hear things turned out well for you. I wish my problem was more clear cut so I would have no reservations in getting the surgery. However, after reading your post I am more confident in getting it done.

Its very strange that my prolactin levels are normal and not hard gland is there, yet my chest looks similar to others with minor gynecomastia. My nipples basically have three different appearances - Very puffy (usually first thing in the morning and when very warm), semi-puffy, and very small and tight (when stimulated, very cold, or just out of the shower/pool). I believe, I am going to go forward with it. I hope my outcome is as good as yours!! I will keep you posted if you are interested.

MSJ108,
I had the same problem exactly as you described. Other than that, when I stand, puffy nipples were not that much visible unless you stare at them for some time and at different angles in front of mirror. One thing that convinced me I was having gynecomastia was when I look down at my chest. There were visible contours of puffy nipples. Another thing was when I sit without shirt, the puffy nips protrude prominently.
Well, to make sure that glands do not trouble you again no matter how little, it would be good for you if you talk to your doctor about extracting glands as priority with fats. I'm a bit concerned that I didn't do excision separately for glands, although my doctor assured me that glands were removed along with fats through liposuction alone. I'm keeping a close watch on my chest as the days go by and how it will finally turn out.   

Offline sur_vivor

• Posting Member

Dr.Bermant,

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Thank you! Dr.Bermant. I've been going through your website and it has been very helpful on information about gynecomastia. Keep up with your noble work!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024