Author Topic: Bodybuilding supplements & Gynecomastia  (Read 9695 times)

Offline canadianmoobs123

• Bronze Member
can bodybuilding supplements (creatine, protein etc) cause gyne, cause some of them have ingredients that can cause hormonal inbalances and potentially gyne.

Offline xelnaga13

Protein and creatine supplements do not cause gynecomastia. There are some supplements such as prohormones that can cause gynecomastia.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Theoretically, protein and creatine are fine.  However, I have had a number of patients who developed gynecomastia after taking creatine.  I would be careful.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline xelnaga13

Creatine has no known interaction with testosterone, estrogen, or progesterone. I do not believe there is any direct correlation between creatine use and gynecomastia. The indirect correlation may be that young men concerned about their appearance may take or have taken creatine. This corelation is no different than suggesting that soda is to blame as well. Just my opinion.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
so probably not.  those cycles on the other hand...  ;) 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline fedex

• Posting Member
I would take creatine and protein. Do not take those pro-hormone supplements that they sell otc.  I did on a whim when a friend told me about about it—this gave me gyno.  Keep in mind i did a couple of cycles of juice when i was younger but just one bottle of pro-hormone (superdrol).

Offline xelnaga13

I would take creatine and protein. Do not take those pro-hormone supplements that they sell otc.  I did on a whim when a friend told me about about it—this gave me gyno.  Keep in mind i did a couple of cycles of juice when i was younger but just one bottle of pro-hormone (superdrol).

I had the exact same experience with prohormones. At the age of 16-17 I took a substance called 1-AD. It was a chemical that did not convert to estrogen; so I ASSumed that gyno was not possible. After a few bottles I developed gyno. Apparently progesterone is just as potent when it comes to creating gyno.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024