Author Topic: purse string stitches  (Read 3132 times)

Offline ghostrider

• Bronze Member
  • surgery done 05/09/06
i cant find the thread know but someone on her mentioned a procedure of leaving stitches in permanently they were called purse string stitches i think...could you please drop a reply on this thread as i have a couple of questions you may or may not be able to help with also anyone else familiar with this procedure feel free to imput...

DrBermant

i cant find the thread know but someone on her mentioned a procedure of leaving stitches in permanently they were called purse string stitches i think...could you please drop a reply on this thread as i have a couple of questions you may or may not be able to help with also anyone else familiar with this procedure feel free to imput...

Permanent purse string sutures are part of areola reduction surgery.  Areola Reduction Surgery can have many risks and problems better discussed during a consultation after an evaluation.  There are many techniques to tighten the skin and remove areola, each has their own compromises.

Warning Graphing During Gynecomastia Areola Reduction Surgery Pictures

You can see actual pictures during a  Revision Donut Mastopexy Areola Reduction Surgery here

Photographs during surgery to reduce big areola continue here. and there are more Pictures during surgery to reduce male areola here.

Just sculpting under the areola can result in smaller diameters, but it is in the projection or "puffiness" of the areola that sculpture behind excels.  Check out the many before after pictures of this

Nipple Areola Reduction Gallery
Male Nipple Areola Reduction Gallery
and
Nipple Areola Reduced Gallery.  These results are typical for my sculpture of my patients.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline ghostrider

• Bronze Member
  • surgery done 05/09/06
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from volatile anethesia
why would u leave stitches in forever? fasion...?

because if it constantly holds the nipples back from being puffy....then surely thats a good thing...

thanks for the insight dr bermant... :)

Offline ghostrider

• Bronze Member
  • surgery done 05/09/06
yea they are concealed and hold it in place....i think....in theory sounds like a good idea as i know when i had my 1st op the stitches seemed to hold the nipples n slightly but when they were took out the nipples began to fill out and puff more again which as we all know is a knightmare.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024