Author Topic: what does "preserving" the nipples mean?  (Read 2659 times)

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
I think i remember my surgeon sayin they he was goin make an oval cut up and at the bottom of my and was goin to preserve the nipples!! 

My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

Offline Frank77

• Posting Member
Well I think you should take it literally.

Preserve as in protect and keep them the way they are.

Don't you know what preserve means?

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
i agree probably means look after!

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member

Thanks smart ass! you're sooo smart you asked me a question i asked!!! Don't you know if someone asks a question they obviously don't know what it mean?  answer that smart ass! 

I was hopin grandpa or someone older (meaning been here for awhile could answer) instead of the newb!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Woah! Everyone take a few deep breaths and calm down!

Even though the response came from someone with only a few posts to their credit, It was a perfectly good post and it did answer the question.

We are all capable of being a bit sarcastic at times so when it happens it should simply be overlooked if possible.

Preserving or saving the nipple and areola is essential to have a normal appearance after surgery. An incision along the lower margin of the areola provides access to remove the glandular tissue behind the areola and nipple while preserving the surface tissue and usually concealing the scar quite effectively as well.
Grandpa Dan

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
realy paw paw i didn't kno!  i thoguht the gland was soemthin big lol!  i have C cups though so they have to cut me open!!  have you ever heard being opened up from the bottom and the top?  that's what he's doin to me on wed. (surgery day)  im kinda nervous!

and also i heard if you get the glands cut out it can't grow back anymore...is that correct?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
what do you mean "bottom and top"?  one semicircle cut at most on the areola edge should do it, if he's leaving two scars anywhere else, it's not needed.  is this guy experienced in gyne, or is his idea of experience he's done a couple of other guys before? 

it can grow back again, but the more that comes out, the less likely it is.  if your hormones are more or less level, no prob, it's if they start fluctuating again you get a little risk of it coming back, but that's not that often. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
well mine are large!!  what most people on here have it just puffy nipples when i have actual breast!  and i have alot of loose skin so when he take out the fat and stuff he just can't leave me wit sagging skin yah kno?  so he has to do a real breast reduction like women get but i guess he's doin it a different way by not cuttin my nipples/ oreola off.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If your breasts are truly that large, the Surgeon may be removing a significant amount of skin as well as the underlying fat and glandular tissue. If that is the case, a keyhole incision might be made along with another incision along the lower margin of the breast. The preserved nipple and areola would be inserted at an apropriate height after the surplus skin was removed. This is not uncommon in breast reductions on women who have very large breasts but in men it would only be required if the breasts are quite large.

If you did your homework and selected your surgeon with proper care, there is no reason for alarm.

Offline Frank77

• Posting Member

Thanks smart ass! you're sooo smart you asked me a question i asked!!! Don't you know if someone asks a question they obviously don't know what it mean?  answer that smart ass! 

I was hopin grandpa or someone older (meaning been here for awhile could answer) instead of the newb!
Haha, calm your horses mate. I was making a serious comment. I remember going through a lot of the threads and reading about foreign blokes where English wasn't their first language. Your typing wasn't top notch so naturally I assumed that.

Surgeons do their best so the incision is as hidden as possible and as little outside cosmetic damage is done (apart from the actual reduction). It's their role as plastic surgeons.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024