Author Topic: Different types of bra  (Read 3384 times)

Offline guy with girls

Hi there I was just wondering what everyones opinions are regarding the different types of bras namely push-up, contour, sports and t-shirt. I was confused as to what each of these has different about them and which would be best to wear as a male with A/B cups if the idea was suppourts my breast whilst keeping them relatively low profile

Dudewithboobs

Best option for comfort support and concealing under clothes I’d share by far t shirt bra to me. I have a push up and enjoy it. It doesn’t add much to size like others since it’s not very padded. But my day to day is a t shirt bra or pull over. 

Online 42CSurprise!

I agree with the Dude that a T-shirt brassiere is a good choice.  It is padded and will hide your nipples while creating a pleasing shape.  Personally, I prefer a minimizing brassiere though I'm not certain you'll find them in your size.  They really are intended to slightly constrain larger breasts.

You may get advice here to go for a fitting where you can try different style brassieres.  I chose instead to purchase a few different brassieres to try them on.  I can afford to try on an inexpensive bra and discard it if it doesn't suit me.  I ended up with a minimizing brassiere that works well for me that I usually can buy for under $20.  I'm wearing one from my collection as I write this.  It is comfortable and flattering, at least to my eye.

Good luck.  This side of the website can offer a great deal of support to men who choose to keep the breasts nature is giving them.  Welcome.

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I like pullover bras. For walking/jogging I wear a medium impact molded cup sports bra. For everyday use I wear a molded cup pullover. I like the molded cups because I don’t like my boobs smashed. They need a place to go. Then I layer from there to help conceal them. The t shirt wearing is long gone by about 4 years ago. It just takes trial and error to get the look you want without dressing in a potato sack and still look neat and fashionable. I can’t hide them 100% without wrapping them or wearing a industrial strength sports bra that hurts. So this is where the acceptance part comes in when going out in public. I’m sure those women with a keen eye can see my chest or that I’m wearing a bra. But I really doubt they are looking in the first place. People are way too busy and self absorbed to care. I saw a man wearing a skirt at the airport on our last vacation and no one paid him any attention.

Dudewithboobs

Yeah I feel people are just in their own world or attention spans are so minimal now that if noticed it’s forgotten moments later. And it’s not like people who do see get their phones out to put a hey look at this weirdo on their fb pages. 
I went to target yesterday for some new headphones as my Bluetooth ones quit charging and swung through their women’s dept I left my coat in the car and realized it after I’d gotten to the door. My bras are fuller than before and as a result show a bit more in the shape especially when at a relaxed stance. I saw one guy walk by me as I was walking to the other side of the store look at my chest wasn’t really any way to call it other than a that’s not normal passing by. Months ago I’d felt embarrassed as heck. But now whatever. 
A pullover shows the same as a t shirt bra to me just different design that may conceal better but overall same projection and shape for me so I wear a t shirt bra most days. I find if you just don’t give them attention indicating somethings up they probably aren’t giving you attention either noticing somethings up. 

notreallyhere

As others have said pull over/sports/bralettes are likely your go-to. Once you go to an underwired option, that's when things get a little crazier. I think the biggest choice then is the the unlined vs. padded one. Bras with padding will add some volume as well as a rounder look, more of both with more padding. They're great if you have perky nipples, they'll tone down the high beams. Unlined bras provide a more natural appearance, but won't hide friendly nipples like padded ones do.

If you've made the decision to wear a bra for any reason, an easy option is to find an online retailer with a good return policy and buy some and see how they work with your wardrobe. The best bet will be a fitting, which is another ball of wax. If you're comfortable with the idea and you find a location that will accommodate you you'll get a great fit and potentially good advice on what will work best for your specific needs. I have not done the latter.

Online 42CSurprise!

Though I haven't needed to return anything, I've had excellent experience with this vendor.  They got the address wrong on one package but I scrambled to find the package.  I'd had other packages delivered at this particular address.  When I explained the mix-up they credited me over eighty dollars for the purchase and I kept the three brassieres.  I could hardly complain about that... Bare Necessities.  Their return policy makes sense and customer service is first rate.

https://www.barenecessities.com/

Gino

Hi there I was just wondering what everyones opinions are regarding the different types of bras namely push-up, contour, sports and t-shirt. I was confused as to what each of these has different about them and which would be best to wear as a male with A/B cups if the idea was suppourts my breast whilst keeping them relatively low profile
Low profile essentially mandates an non padded sports bra. Those with removable pads have way too much texture in the front of the garment and will show quite a bit so I'd avoid those styles. I don't think us "B" cup peeps NEED any support.

Underwire, push up, and ANY padding or even "lightly lined" will show more, some like push up bras  will present you a lot more so.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 01:28:19 PM by Gino »

Online 42CSurprise!

Definitely us fellows with C cup and above need underwire brassieres.  There is no hiding breasts like that, so it makes sense to put everything in its place.  An unpadded underwire brassiere, especially a minimizer will not project breasts.  We show them off ONLY when we want to...

Dudewithboobs

I'm definitely beginning to overfill my b cups and probably could go to c cups i feel graduating to that is just a bit crazy to think about and have been hesitant in buying a next size up. Underwires are definitely my go to for support and containment. Wireless bras work well for me too though especially in the warner brand at walmart or whoever else may sell the brand. Pullovers have done well for me in most activity and I earlier this week bought a couple sports bras to add in the mix after realizing i no longer can run without the lift and thud of bounce now going on :/ it's been a bit of a resurge in insecurity when at the gym. 

aboywithgirls

I'm sorry that you are feeling insecurities about your body and how it is developing. A bra that fits properly with help physically but may worsen things mentally. 

Sophie ❤️ 

Dudewithboobs

Thanks. Accepting is fine and I enjoy a bra more than without I think the safety net of some scenarios where one wasn’t entirely needed was good. Like day to day wear yes, bra, without it the gravity even as a b cup was just tough after a full day. But taking off to go for a jog, with stance and muscles and such pulling the chest in making it less mobile wasn’t an issue. 
Now I feel that safety net is slipping away. Just gotta find a sports bra that isn’t going to show much or any in my workout clothes. Measure myself today and have gained 3/4 of an inch since a month ago it seems

Orb

Jumping a cup size is always a mental adjustment.  I found that is all it was.  Once I began wearing a cup size that fit, now a C, I don't think I project much differently.  I would have to say with the bra choices out there I'm more comfortable within because I feel I can better manage my appearance with a bra fitting me, my inner me, and how I want to look around others.

aboywithgirls

I know that as a man, especially after I had a thyroidectomy and then my orchiectomy, it seemed like I was never going to stop growing. I would go for a fitting and sure enough...up another cup size! My fitter would always say the same thing." It's not the size but the fit that's important ".

Sophie ❤️ 

Offline Johndoe1

After a while there comes a point when you physically can't hide what you have. People are already noticing whether they say anything or not. At that point a bra is just making life more physically comfortable with support and containment. There is something to be said about the mental state for not having the constant sensation of motion and the weight of your breasts off your chest. By this point, your breasts are more feminine in shape than male. You have projection.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024