Author Topic: Finally booked surgery with Dr Clark 4TH JULY - MY STORY  (Read 7681 times)

Offline bloodygyno

• Posting Member
cheers mate.

just a quick question, just got the balance of what i need to pay when i arrive. in terms of the exchange rate, jeremy has linked me to a website which states a exchange rate of 5.05 zlotys to 1 pound. but he has written the exchange rate as 4.95 zlotys. also he seems to have made some mathematical errors with how much the ultrasound and blood tests should cost.

the ultrasound is 150 zlotys (he states this is 32 pounds).
the blood tests are 100 zlotys (he states this is 22 pounds).

now i realise in the grand scheme of things, this would mean in total i am losing about 40 pounds, when compared to the total cost of surgery isnt a huge amount, it still seems strange that hes using this exchange rate, and it seems he's trying to add a few more pounds. ive only had dealings with jeremy, and its making me a little uncomfortable.

thanks
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 04:17:53 PM by bloodygyno »

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
  • Ain't nobody got time for dat!
If you found errors in the costs then e-mail him with your concerns.

In regards to the taxi, going from your hotel to the blood tests and back to your hotel then to the ultrasound is free. From the ultrasound to the clinic is charged and is 20 zlotys or so. Every taxi trip from then on is around 20 zlotys each way. You'll have to go back to the clinic each day til you go home, so factor that into your costs.

Offline GazzaD

• Posting Member
Relax . Jeremy is a very busy guy . Sometimes it can take him days to reply and it will be short and Bold Sometimes it will be a quick reply full of information. You have nothin to be worried about mate.I had a great experience .

Offline bloodygyno

• Posting Member
thanks mate yeah i think its the nerves of surgery.

in berlin now in the hotel. thinking what the hell am i doing haha. bit of a strange situation

Offline GazzaD

• Posting Member
Yeah I had a lot of nerves soon as I got in the  hotel it feels so surreal lol .just relax try calm the nerves and enjoy it . Think of the positives it will have . It will change your life for the good .  :)

Offline bloodygyno

• Posting Member
sitting in the patient room bored so thought might type some stuff about today.

arrived in poland yesterday from berlin, took a bus for 10 pounds to szczecin city centre. Beautiful weather, really friendly people too. got lost a few times finding my hotel or the galaxy shopping centre and if the local could speak english, they would either walk me to where i needed to go or spend 10mins drawing me maps and explaining.

well i was pretty nervous about the whole thing, didnt get much sleep last night thinking about the op, having it done in poland etc. in the morning, i made my way to atrium hotel, where the driver, tomek was meant to pick me up. there was another english lad waiting aswell. we went to do our bloods and ultrasound, and finished that about 10.30am. Tomeks a good geezer, doesnt talk too much english but still had a laugh with him. Then we headed back to the atrium, and I headed out to the galaxy shopping centre (takes about 20mins), to grab a subway and kill some time.

When I arrived back, bumped into the other english lad, and we had until 2.45pm until tomek would pick us up. SO we sat on the street, listening to a bit of music, chatted about random shit and admired the polish girls as they walked past. crazy how many fit women there are.

Got to the surgery at 3pm, which is a 15zloty taxi from the atrium, and is very clean and modern. finally got to meet the surgeon, who is a little crazy (in a good way, makes a difference from the boring doctors in england), funny, and to the point. she explained the procedure and the possible risks, but in a humourous interesting way. Me and the other english lad flipped a coin about who would go first, ended up being him so i had a long wait ahead of me lol.

i chatted a bit to the receptionist who is also very pleasant, played on my phone, and before i knew it i was getting changed to have my op. i think what calmed my nerves was that i was so damn tired having not slept much the night before. anyway met some of the other team, all very nice, and then dr clark drew on my breasts, explaning there was a little gland, but a lot of fat.

lied down on the operating table, the anethiesist gave me some drugs, made me feel comfortable, then i dont remember anything else but being in the recovery room with the english guy here too. i think i had a fair bit of lipo done, so im in a bit of pain, my chest is sore.

the night nurse agnes is very nice too, always coming in to check up on us.

cant say about the results just yet, but so far the experience has been excellent.  

« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:02:15 PM by bloodygyno »

Offline GazzaD

• Posting Member
Your gyno free  :) congratz .and have a speedy recovery mate

Offline El Fauno

• Posting Member

Offline bloodygyno

• Posting Member
cheers guys

just a few questions...not really sure about the whole massaging thing. theres differing views whether to start now or after a couple of weeks. and do i massage the whole chest area, (including the areola/nipple)? and how hard should i massage?

also should i like pull the nipple to stop it becoming indented? when do i start doing this? and how often?

i should really have asked dr clark these q's but i forgot

also my left side looks really good (flat), but my right side (which had more fatty tissue) looks like there is still a fair amount of fat there. dr clark said this was just swelling, but im a little concerned. when should this go down? if it is swollen wuldnt it be a little bit hard, but mine seems quite flabby.

cheers

Offline bloodygyno

• Posting Member
quick question

my right side of my chest seems quite lumpy all over- is this scar tissue? it has been 9 days since my surgery - should i start massaging now? i have heard differing views?

thanks

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
  • Ain't nobody got time for dat!
Hey mate,

I started massaging as soon as I got home but I've not been doing it as frequently now because my chest got quite tender after I got back. Ive been doing it every few days now, but it doesn't seem to do much for me.

As far as the nipples go, before the surgery I could pinch and tug my nipple normally but ever since the surgery, I haven't been able to actually get a grasp on the nipple to pull it because the outside of the nipple has been really hard or stiff, so it's like trying to pinch a penny off of the floor. I don't know how other people have managed to actually pull the nipple away :s

Offline bloodygyno

• Posting Member
thanks for the response wezzer. im pretty nervous about my right side though. i realise there is swelling etc and the healing process takes a while, but even 1 day after surgery when i saw my chest, the left side was flat whereas the right side seemed like not enough fat was taken out through lipo. i heard how the chest looks straight after surgery is the result you should expect in 6 months.

now the right side to be honest doesnt look too different to how it was pre op, seems fatty and soft.

any advice?

thanks

Offline puffynipplesdrivemecrazy

• Bronze Member
Hello mate,

Just read about your stitches coming loose? Let us know how your getting on when you have time :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024