Author Topic: This one makes 2,000 posts  (Read 5614 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Of the 9,566 people who have signed onto this site, Only 7 have amassed over 1,000 posts.

The first of this group was Arjun, he signed in on Feb. 9, 2003 and has posted 1,819 times. He was last active in Sept of 2007.

Dr Bermant registered in April of 2003 and has 1491 posts. A "Supporting Doctor" He remains an active contributor. The site would not be the same without his input.

headheldhigh01  He came aboard in August of 2003. Still active, He has 3,346 posts behind him. What an asset he has been.

hypo first signed in on May 20, 2004 and posted 1,263 times. He returned in Nov. of 2005 and logged another 2,270 posts. His total being 3,533 posts. He checks in occasionally, as recently as last month.

jc71 has been here since Aug 22, 2004. with 1,683 posts. We last heard from him in May of this year.

I signed in on Nov 7, 2004 and this is post number 2,000 for me.

Two weeks and two days after I signed in, A man checked in who holds the record for spending the most time active on the site and for the most posts. Grandpa Bambu Joined up on Nov 23, 2004 and has logged an incredible 4,354 posts encouraging, and supporting others for years after his own surgery.

None of all this would have been possible if Merle had not had the vision to open the site.

I feel honored, just to have my name on the same page with these guys.

Dan
Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

Of the 9,566 people who have signed onto this site, Only 7 have amassed over 1,000 posts.

The first of this group was Arjun, he signed in on Feb. 9, 2003 and has posted 1,819 times. He was last active in Sept of 2007.

Dr Bermant registered in April of 2003 and has 1491 posts. A "Supporting Doctor" He remains an active contributor. The site would not be the same without his input.

headheldhigh01  He came aboard in August of 2003. Still active, He has 3,346 posts behind him. What an asset he has been.

hypo first signed in on May 20, 2004 and posted 1,263 times. He returned in Nov. of 2005 and logged another 2,270 posts. His total being 3,533 posts. He checks in occasionally, as recently as last month.

jc71 has been here since Aug 22, 2004. with 1,683 posts. We last heard from him in May of this year.

I signed in on Nov 7, 2004 and this is post number 2,000 for me.

Two weeks and two days after I signed in, A man checked in who holds the record for spending the most time active on the site and for the most posts. Grandpa Bambu Joined up on Nov 23, 2004 and has logged an incredible 4,354 posts encouraging, and supporting others for years after his own surgery.

None of all this would have been possible if Merle had not had the vision to open the site.

I feel honored, just to have my name on the same page with these guys.

Dan

Congratulations to all.  Each has make a significant contribution to helping others learn about and deal with gynecomastia.

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
  • Getting in shape, then surgery.
Congrats :)
 I'm sure if there was a tally for the number of people you've helped/guided that would be impressive too   ;D
-Danny
Lose 18 lbs FAT by October (12 so far)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats on your 2000th post my friend!

Thank you!  ;)

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the feeling's mutual, wish i could find a birthday cake icon for ya or something.  any honor however was earned by you all on your own with your own contributions to the discussions. 

i remember wishing i could have talked to arjun too, he had pretty much disappeared by the time i got here.  but hypo checked in?  i haven't seen him in forever,  he's in the uk and was one of the few people who managed to meet up in real life with other people from the board in some london pub or something. 

mentioned it in passing on another thread, the weird experience for me was realizing a week and a half ago when i was posting that it had been five years and one day.  what an absolute revelation it was to find in gyne year 23, where the hell was the net when i needed it before.  five years was scary, but i hope to improve my financial position by some time next year, in which case it could even be die gyne die die mwaahahahahahaha ;D  my problem is i get busy and go disappearing for three months at a time. 

but i take your last point anyway, it is a privilege to talk and share with one's fellowsufferers. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 01:13:54 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

the feeling's mutual, wish i could find a birthday cake icon for ya or something.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 10:09:44 AM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Hypo first signed in on May 20, 2004 and posted 1,263 times. He returned in Nov. of 2005 and logged another 2,270 posts. His total being 3,533 posts. He checks in occasionally, as recently as last month.

Actually, Hypo's 2270 posts includes his original 1263. What happened was that when he started over with the 'Hypo-is-here' name, I asked him (when I had moderator powers) if he wanted me to set his post count to a point including the 1263 that he amassed under the Hypo name. He agreed.

GB
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 01:12:10 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Thanks guys for all your help.

The thousands of people who have benefited from this site, myself included, owe a great deal of thanks to Merle and each of the "regulars".  In all Gynecomastia patients is a need to feel and look "regular", thanks to you many of us do and are.

:)

Offline reymysterio

• Bronze Member
Thank you all. Thanks to this site and to the most active members I could find the courage to face surgery and re-gain my freedom.
This is my first summer without gynecomastia... I'm really enjoying it, although sometimes I still feel paranoid about my chest ( I hope these feelings to go away with time).
At last, I think that this site is the main source of information and education about gynecomastia; this is especially due to the members that Paa_Paw mentioned in his post, so thank you everybody.
You can find the success before sweating only on your dictionary.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Excellent thread this …. Reminds us all why we have visited this site and what a power of good it has done us simply by being here.

Thank you all. Thanks to this site and to the most active members I could find the courage to face surgery and re-gain my freedom.
This is my first summer without gynecomastia... I'm really enjoying it, although sometimes I still feel paranoid about my chest ( I hope these feelings to go away with time).
At last, I think that this site is the main source of information and education about gynecomastia; this is especially due to the members that Paa_Paw mentioned in his post, so thank you everybody.

I can echo reymysterios post above.  This is my second summer and strangely enough 2 things still occur to me:

1.   Although I have had my surgery and I'm happy to take my shirt off in public, that paranoia still lurks below the surface …. Needing to check it hasn't come back etc.
2.   This site still draws me back, not to the extent it use to, but I can never forget how Gyne took over my life and I'm sure will never really leave someone completely once they have had it.

Nice one Merle .. and a big thank you.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Congratz!!!

The support and advice from some of these veterans just cannot be bought and I personally thank everyone for helping and supporting my self as well as others.

Thanks!
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Congratulations! 

I feel really humbled with my 106 posts!

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline adios moobs

• Posting Member
just make the posts. to be honest, who cares how many. seems a little sad you needed to post that. that being said, thanks for all the support you have given to everyone.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Just making a joke - a way of tipping my hat to Paa Paw.  Don't read too much into it.  ;)

Dr. Pope, M.D.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

just make the posts. to be honest, who cares how many. seems a little sad you needed to post that.

??? ??? ???

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024