Author Topic: comment on some of the posts...  (Read 2609 times)

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
just a friendly comment to guys who are trying to cure their gyno themselves....

you will drive yourself crazy surfing the internet and seeing these dogmatic posts of people living with the mentality of 3-4 years ago..

surgery is not the only way to treat/cure/prevent gyno...

this is fact.

don't get frustrated when people tell u it's not goign anywhere without surgery

u owe it to yourself to try and get rid of it with other means besides taking on the risk of surgery.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!

surgery is not the only way to treat/cure/prevent gyno...

Yes.  Go see an endocrinologist.  Maybe you can avoid surgery.  

Offline rcbrown23

For the most part...I disagree. There are very few cases that can be cured without surgery. The exceptions are: young people, and "new" cases. If it's been there for more than 4-5 years, it's not going anywhere.

In my opinion, a thread like this is just going to give people false hope, and make them spend money that doesn't have to be spent on drugs/miracle ointments that don't work. Don't believe the infomercial.

-Brown
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 09:01:30 AM by rcbrown23 »

Offline jc71

Hey Brown - you and I should create a miracle ointment (snake oil) and sell it to the masses.  We would be millionaires in no time.  ;D ;D

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
I disagree. After altering my diet (which is said kill fat in the chest area) and on many workout programs, I still have breasts. If you have an extremely minor case like gynosucks did, then yes you can probably get rid of it without surgery. For more serious cases. Surgery I feel is the only way to get rid of it once and for all.
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!

I agree completely. People nowadays are just too impatient and will do anything that they think promises them a cure. It's almost like a dare which they feel they must take. To each his own, I guess.

i think you are completely wrong graham... if your read over most people's stories from this board (mine included), no one here even thought about surgery... first they went through months of intensive training only to find that their man boobs remained... surgery was the last hope for most people

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I got down to 148 pounds ( 6 foot tall ) at one time and the moobs were still there  :-/. Albeit smaller from decreasing my BF, but still, it did not completely vanish. Boobs on a very thin man looks downright odd. So..... over the years, the weight went back on. Got up to 227 lbs. recently, had my op at 205 lbs. give or take a few. Now I'm 195 lbs.

Let me tell you, it was devistating to learn that exercise/weight loss could not rid me of my moobs. I thought, WTF am I going to do now. I didn't know there was such a proceedure to remove them. Glad that it was not done until only recently though, as I'm sure the surgical techniques have improved considerably over the years.

John.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 10:33:52 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

i think you are completely wrong graham... if your read over most people's stories from this board (mine included), no one here even thought about surgery... first they went through months of intensive training only to find that their man boobs remained... surgery was the last hope for most people

Any of you guys who've been on the boards for a while know my story. This is the truth.  We've tried so many things, surgery isn't the first option, it's our last resort.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024