Author Topic: Non-Surgical Treatment  (Read 4087 times)

Offline rsttag

ok so i'm 17 years old and i havn't seen a doctor but it's a apparent that i have Gynecomastia...after tlooking at various images of people diagnosed i have remarkably similar attributes. Its kind of an embarrasing things to ask your parents about so are there any non-surgical treatments proven to work that anyone knows of?

Offline rcbrown23

are there any non-surgical treatments proven to work that anyone knows of?

No.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
read through some of the other posts on this board..u'll see peoples experiences from taking differents sorts of drugs and chest excersing..nothing really works...excersing is good but could make your gyne stand out more if there's gland..and the drugs are a bad idea because (a) they don't really work, they might reduce a little, but won't resolve it and (b) you don't want to mess with your body with these things, unless specifically under a doctors supervision....

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
I was embarassed to talk to my parents about it at first too, but it's something I got over. I just thought about how many other people had it. Gynecomastia is not so uncommon that you will be labled a freak.

Since you're still young your gynecomastia may spontaniously resolve itself within a few years. Many people say surgery is the only way to get rid of it, but just as many claim that drugs like tamoxifen, rebound XT, etc can help. So I'm not sure who to believe on that issue.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
sometimes medication can reduce it, i think Hypo is the only one to ever post before/after pics and there was a reduction but it wasn't completely resolved..

i think for it to be completely resolved by medication is impossible unless it's recent onset, but that pretty much means your in puberty and this is a bad time to be messing around with these drugs (unless under a doctor/endo guidance)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024