Author Topic: 4 MONTHS POST OP - DAMN SCAR TISSUE!  (Read 11339 times)

Offline MSJ108

Yes. The scar tissue can make your chest look exactly like it did before the operation.  It can be extremely discouraging.

EXACTLY! It's a damn shame. I had lipo only and I have a band of hard tissue that I can feel. It runs behind my nipple and causes it to puff out big time! Other side nice and flat, looks perfect.

BTW what is K exactly? Thanks!

Offline MSJ108

Question - If I have a band of scar tissue that is not going away after 4+ months post op, should I just give up on massaging it every night?

Offline MSJ108

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
MS I seriously think you should put Bio oil on and NOT massage at all.

Think about it ... body is trying to heal and your ajutating it by messaging it. I would not recommend every day.

Im 4 months post-op and still have scar tissue, yeh it sucks but its going down very slowly.... it takes times guy, I know it sucks but you just need to relax because a year will go in no time and then you can start enjoying the benefits.

Tip: Put bio-oil on and very very gentely rub it over, if you start "massaging" it ... it wont help the healing process. Think of it as a scab, your better of leaving it then picking it.

Offline MSJ108

MS I seriously think you should put Bio oil on and NOT massage at all.

Think about it ... body is trying to heal and your ajutating it by messaging it. I would not recommend every day.

Im 4 months post-op and still have scar tissue, yeh it sucks but its going down very slowly.... it takes times guy, I know it sucks but you just need to relax because a year will go in no time and then you can start enjoying the benefits.

Tip: Put bio-oil on and very very gentely rub it over, if you start "massaging" it ... it wont help the healing process. Think of it as a scab, your better of leaving it then picking it.

Thanks

Offline MSJ108

UPDATE: I am about 6 and half months post op. I have been seeing substantial improvement on the band of scar tissue. I would say its just about all gone now. Still small section, however, I believe it should be all gone soon as I am progressing nicely!

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Good for you MS!!!

Glad to hear it. 
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline MSJ108

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
same ms, left side is fully healed right side is a bit puffy but getting there!!

Offline MSJ108

Im still fighting off some scar tissue. Gettin there though! Hang in there jimbob

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
Same, right side is STILL puffy ... but I checked with the doc he said massage it every couple of days with some oil.

It IS going down, just slowly ... as for my left side it looks fine now, I would say its pretty much as it "should" be now ;) Which is good!!

For anyone out there going through the same thing, its hard but at least its going!! And its like 7months post-op and im pretty fit, so it does take a while ;)

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
is it safe to take steriod injections for breaking down scar tissue? wouldn't they have any side effects?

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
is it safe to take steriod injections for breaking down scar tissue? wouldn't they have any side effects?

A lot of guys on the board have talked about cortisone injections to break down scar tissue.  In some people these injections can be the best bet to get rid of hardened scar tissue.  Other times, in some people, it just doesn't work well.  I'm not sure of any immediate side effects (beside maybe a little discomfort).  But I know the worst that could happen would be too much chemical injected into the tissue and it could cause a "crater" in the breast by destroying too much tissue.

If you're looking into it and you're at least 6 months Post-Op,  I would definitely mention it to your PS.  At least see what he or she says about it.

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
MS hows yours healing now, on the left side mine seems fine (although theres a tiny bit of scar tissue, you couldent tell i dont think) ... my right side however is still a bit "bulgy" but its getting smaller each day.

I will keep you updated.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024