Author Topic: 4 weeks post op but concerned with left side  (Read 2424 times)

Offline 68chevy

• Posting Member
I had been dealing with gynecomastia since i was 15 and at 38 i decided to have the surgery. 
The plastic surgeon i chose was highly recommended and he did lipo only to remove the gland and fat. Two days post op i removed the bandage and was very impressed with the right side but the left was a bit bigger. When i went for my first and second post op check up the surgeon reassured me that the left side will end up looking like the right. 
I am now 4 weeks post op and it still seems that the left side is a bit bigger than the right. I really notice it when i sit down my right side looks good but the left droops some. 

Offline hellooo123

• Posting Member
Hey there, you are still incredibly early in your recovery. My chest changed dramatically even at weeks 8-12. It was t until about month 4+ that I started to look and feel somewhat symmetrical. I felt great at month 5. Trust me, I promise your chest will improve and become more symmetrical. Give yourself time, eat healthy, when you get the ok to start working out, do so and don't gain weight. That will absolutely affect your results. Super important. I was in amazing shape at months 4 and 5 and now just over 6 months I gained 10 pounds and my boobs are back. So yeah just give yourself time I promise you'll see improvement! Be healthy and be patient :)

Offline chifer

• Posting Member
Have you had a lymphatic massage yet? If not, I recommend you get one as this helps stimulate the flow of lymphatic fluids to the knots near your neck, armpits or thighs. (I'm 5 weeks post-op so my breasts are also still filled with liquid.)

Offline 68chevy

• Posting Member
I had my 8 week follow up yesterday and the surgeon is still telling me that the left side is still just swollen. If i raise my arm it almost feels like a ball of hard muscle. He didnt mention anything about massage. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024