Author Topic: Finally time! SURGERY COMPLETE!!!  (Read 4924 times)

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Yeah probably best to avoid it then. Would hate to have an accident after surgery! Could end up back at hospital!

I will take train and get a taxi to the hospital. It's like 5-10 minutes from the main new street station so that's great!

Cheers

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
any updates mate? hope you doing well!

Offline Btgl88

• Posting Member
Hello,

Nothing much to report. Still being a lazy sod doing nothing, apart from watching tv shows.

Im still in some pain - expected that after the amount I got removed - I still stare at the picture. So nervous about taking this off, it comes off wednesday!

I ordered my vest, but its too small, so sending it back tomorrow and getting a large.

I don't have full movement in arms. However it does get a little better day by day.

I will be posting weekly updates as soon as the padding comes off.

If you have any questions just let me know.

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Sounds like things are improving slowly. Best to take it easy if you can!

Are you taking anything to help with healing? And which vest did you go for?

Thanks! :)

Offline Btgl88

• Posting Member

I'm talking Arinca and vitamin c tablets. Apart from that nothing, my body usually is quite good with injuries. But I've never really had surgery so not sure what to expect! Knowing my luck it will be the opposite and be a bi*ch to recover!

I got the one from Macom medical. Down to the waist, in black.

Pics to come up Wednesday!

Offline ScaredGuy

• Posting Member
Hi Btg, thank you so much for this write up. I have a consultation booked with Levick on 27th of August. I'm in the same boat as you in that I am abolutely terrified, and I mean TERRIFIED of having surgery but I'm just so completely sick of having massive gyno.

Reading everything you wrote was really good but I'm not sure if it's made me even more scared now. By the way, you mentioned
"I have some gel on both hands so that it can numb the needle".

Are you telling me a needle is inserted through my hands? I've had blood taken through my veins by my elbow, but my hands :S  I'm actually feeling a little sick with fear now.

I'm so sorry to clog your nice thread up with my crap, but I've been alone with this for so many years and for the first time in my life it feels like I have real friends here to talk about it with.

Also you mentioned about "not doing this alone". Please allow me to tell you my plan. I have made my girlfriend aware of my "problem" although I've never actually been bear chested in front of her. Anyway she is supportive and she is going to be coming up to Birmingham with me, we're going to book a hotel and stay there a couple of nights after the surgery I think. Exactly how much time on the day of the OP is she allowed to be in my room at the hospital with me for, would you know? Also are there stages where you are undressed in the actual room you stay in? I don't want her to see my revolting chest at any time until after the surgery.

Again I apologise for this, I haven't even booked my surgery yet but I'm just so scared.

Offline Btgl88

• Posting Member
Hi,

The needle on both hands, I asked for the gel on both as I didnt know which hand they would use. I was terrified to. BUT I didn't even feel it, going in or out. Honestly I kept saying to them I'm going to pass out they laughed and guess what I didnt! It was a tiny little thing to knock you out. You don't even see it.

If I say anything its DO NOT BE SCARED. I went in there scared shitless, by the time it came round to it I said to myself... Doing this looking down at chest... its going to go. Thats the most important thing to me at the moment.

The only time I was topless was just before I went into surgery. The only other time was getting changed into the robe, so she will see it then. Any time after you will be bandaged up and the nurse will check for bleeding that's it.

Looking back, I can't believe I've done it. But am I happy - well I have yet to see the results. But I'm proud of myself if that makes sense? The fact that I was terrified but I didn't let it stop me from doing this.

Lets put it this way - 1 day of a little nerves vs a lifetime of hell. I know which I picked, hopefully you pluck up the courage to do the same mate!

Offline ScaredGuy

• Posting Member
Thank you so much for that my friend. Just reading that gives me the extra courage I need to go and do it. To be honest, I'm having the consultation just so I can find out what dates he can do the surgery so I can match it up with work. At no point have I ever thought about having the consultation just to see what he's like, I'm completely going to have the surgery.

Up until then I'm just logging onto hear so I can read more and more about how awesome Levick is so that I can calm my nerves down.

Again, thanks for your reply, and yes you're quite right. I'm fed up of not being able to shower and get changed in the gym, and all the other life problems that we live with.

Thanks a lot.

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Hey Scaredguy you should be able to inquire about surgery dates already and get on penciled in. I actually have surgery penciled in on August 1st (so soon I know) and my consultation is on the 29th, a few days before. The compromise for an earlier slot was making an app for 8am! It's early but sorting this in August suits time off work. Look into this if you are definitely going through with surgery.

I am interested to see what Levick thinks of my gyno. I don't think I have a severe case but it is enough to warrant surgery for sure. I have seen less gyno on guys on here and elsewhere so it can be removed. I am quite lean so gyno looks weird because I am not too fat. It looks like some kind of deformed pecs or breasts or something. Well I am sure my solution is around the corner, as is yours!
 ;)

Offline ScaredGuy

• Posting Member
Thanks for the recommendation Jamie. To be honest what you recommend is a really good idea, but my mindset is that I'll definitely have the surgery as long as Levick thinks I'm perfectly ok for it. I've just started a new job so at the moment I Have to be very careful about booking leave, I don't want to book leave for a certain date and then find out that I'm not suitable for surgery unless I "need to lose weight" for example.

I wish I was in your boat mate, my gyno is massive, far bigger than any I've seen from recent pictures of guys on here that I've seen. Made my own thread recently in which I attached the pictures.

Offline Btgl88

• Posting Member
I saw your pics. Mine were big too!

I'm waiting for a few hours and the bandages are coming off. I can promise you guys when I show you the surgery photo you will be shocked. I've accepted that its going to be months before my recovery is set, I thought I didn't have much gland. It was HUGE!

The only reason I think you wouldn't be able to do the surgery is for some medical reason.

I suggest giving the office a call and finding possible dates for surgery. That's what I did before my consultation. To sound out work and leave etc, I booked it whilst at the consultation as they were aware I would need time off around that period anyway. Makes it all easier.

Offline ScaredGuy

• Posting Member
Hi mate, any update on this? I had my surgery yesterday, very sore at the moment but I'm so happy. How are you doing my fellow flat chested brother?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024