Author Topic: RRB's Op Diary  (Read 22258 times)

Offline Taz

• Bronze Member
  • Free at last
PatientX- I intend to give Mr Levick a good grilling and I'm not leaving until I get answers that I'm pleased with. To be honest if he reassures me that he can sort everything out then I will go ahead with another op, if even just to fill up the gap I've got on my right hand side.

As for going for surgery with another surgeon; sure I've thought about it but 20 months on im still trying to recover from the debt the first op put me in so this really isn't an option for me.

Offline Patientx

• Posting Member
  • Patientx
Taz what if levick does not deliver the answers you are looking for - will you make a complaint? Also is it possible that muscle may have been damaged in your case as a possible reason for your indent?

Offline Taz

• Bronze Member
  • Free at last
To be honest I have no idea if its muscle damage, my pecs arent huge so I wouldnt know. One thing i do know is that where there the indentation is it pretty much feels like that there's nothing between the skin and my ribcage.

One thing I've noticed is that the indentation didn't appear until 6 months post op.

I'm off to see my GP tomorrow, I'm going to get an opinion off him.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 05:33:56 AM by Taz »

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Taz, have you any pics, so we can visualise what you are saying?

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
I stumbled across this site and your diary was the first to read, so I thought it best that I add a thread, especially as nearly a thousand people have read it and are probably being influenced.
Regards

Personally i think you really should have started your own thread regarding your problems with levick as it would have drawn more attention, but anyway....

9 weeks i think :/

Things seem to be going well at the moment, chest still a bit swollen on the inner sides (scar tissue), nipple area still a fair bit concave.  Is my chest how i would like it just now? the answer is no.  Is it better than it was with the gyne?  hell yeah. Im not really bothered at the moment about it cos i know its a long healing process.  Im not going to get depressed, upset or annoyed, im happy enough with the progress so far.  I wouldnt feel comfortable about taking my top of in public (thats not why i wanted the gyne op for) but I DO feel comfortable in a tshirt and thats all that matters for me.

Training like a mad man just now, I would say i was back to full strength but im actually lifting heavier than i did pre op.  Still need to shift a little gut but ive lost over a stone lately, gut is coming in, muscle mass going up.  Feeling pretty good.

Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Almost 4 months i think now

Still got a lot of scar tissue, and still got a long way to go before fully healed i think.  Chest can be a little sore at times but overall im still relatively happy with the progress.  As i stated before i had quite a lot taken out and Levick did say it takes longer to heal if you were quite large to start with.  I also think slimmer guys will see quicker results than those with more insulation :).  I definately think patience is the key here and while im waiting for final results im also dropping a fair bit body fat with my training.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Thought id update my diary as i havent done it in a while  :-[

Its 9 months now since the op and im feeling pretty good.  No pain in the chest at all, scar tissue is still present but its disappearing now.  I had quite a bit taken out which left a crater effect on my chest, the LHS has filled out but the RHS still has a bit to go.  Id say in the last 6 weeks ive noticed a lot of change in my chest.

As ive stated earlier in my diary i have been doing a lot of training, weights and cardio.  Down about 3 jeans sizes and toned up quite a bit.  I think losing the weight has helped my chest look better than it would if i was still carrying all the excess body fat, I also think the weight training has helped with the scar tissue on my chest too but i could be wrong and its just disappearing naturally.  

I can quite happily wear a tshirt out now, although i still have a chest protruding its a masculine chest now  ;D.  Confidence in myself is through the roof now.  Still have work to do to get my ideal weight and shape.  Once im happy that ive lost all body fat i need to, then ill assess my chest in terms of being entirely happy with it.  I reckon next spring ill see how it is and maybe pay a visit to Mr Levick and see what he thinks.  Right now i am happy enough with the way its progressing.

Patience is key, no point in getting all stressed until there is something to really get stressed about, thats the best advice i can give anyone.

Offline oxman1

• Posting Member
Hi,

I stumbled across this site and your diary was the first to read, so I thought it best that I add a thread, especially as nearly a thousand people have read it and are probably being influenced.

I had surgery with paul levick just a few years ago and can only hint at the nightmare it has been ever since. The contouring, asymmetry and damage done is poor beyond belief and I would not recommend anyone seek his advice.

I hope for other people's sake my case is in the minority, however I have heard from various professionals that he has/is doing similar to other people.

Hate to put a dampener on things, but thats just the way it goes.  :-/

I hope for your sake you will be fine, it sounds like your recovery is doing well.

i had surgery with levick over 2 years ago and my results are very poor at best.i have skin stuck to muscle around both nipples and still have to much fat left in other places.when ever i go to see him all he says is give it time and scar tissue im sorry but that is complete bull.i will write to him shortly to tell him how i feel and that i want a full refund as the results are so poor.

Regards

Offline kingboob

Bump.

Any chance of an update from the people who posted in this thread originally?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024