Author Topic: My Surgeon Turned Me Away!  (Read 7308 times)

Offline Spleen

They doc did you a favor 'cause you don't have gynecomastia.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
not true.  it may not be severe, but it's still gyne.  you don't have to be a 44 D cup to have it. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline captklenk

• Posting Member
Your chest looks fine IMO. My surgeon told me he needed to leave 10% of the tissue to avoid the "cratering" that was previously mentioned. At first that statement alarmed me, but now I understand the reasoning.

Offline Spleen

not true.  it may not be severe, but it's still gyne.  you don't have to be a 44 D cup to have it. 

No one said a D cup is a requirement, but there is a terrible culture here that calls virtually anything gynecomastia.  There's a wide range of chest shapes and sizes that fit well within the normal range.  OP can get a second opinion but I think he should be thankful that he got a reasonable, measured response from a Doc who wasn't just looking to turn a buck.

Offline reymysterio

• Bronze Member
im gonna be totally honest and say that you look fine in these pictures at least.

I completely agree
You can find the success before sweating only on your dictionary.

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
Those pictures are far too small to accurately diagnose you, from what I can see I cant see any puffiness or tissue, but a higher quality/resolution photo would help with a conclusion.

Offline trucker

• Posting Member
Seriously, my last wish before I die could be to have a chest as near-perfect as yours.

You probably only have larger pectoral muscles that go with your fleshy arms that you confess having. Your chest actually curves inwards a little near the areolae (2nd, 3rd pics), so at least there's no anormal gland under the areolas.

Offline george1977

• Posting Member
From the pictures posted, I don't see anything out of the norm that would require surgery.

Offline Doomed

• Posting Member
Why don't you ask your GP to do a mamorgram, that way you and the Dr's can see exactly how much glandular tissue or breast tissue you have in your chest.  A mamogram is an ultrasound or x-ray of the breast.

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon
well without the benefit of all the pictures and the ability to perform a physical exam on you, it does to me that you appear to have mild gynecomastia, worse on your left side. I think you would benefit from glandular excision and mild liposuction to the area. Kudos to your surgeon for being honest, though.....I do think that you could obtain a very good result.

Offline silent_minority

IMO, you look fine.  You have a very, very slight case.  Yet, if it really bothers you, you can see other doctors until you get the answers you want.

I would not do surgery if I were you.  I think that my case is worse than yours, and I have decided against surgery - at least for now.  Sure, we all have things that we wish were different about ourselves, but some things are tolerable, and I'd say that your case is nothing to be embarassed or to be hiding over.  If you showed 90% of the uninformed general public those photos, they'd think nothing of it, IMO.

At the end of the day, it's a personal decision, though - you have to decide.  You will find a PS that is willing to operate on you if you keep looking, but I'd keep my chin held high and not worry about it.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
No one said a D cup is a requirement, but there is a terrible culture here that calls virtually anything gynecomastia. 
i looked at those pictures.  i have looked at many of them, from mild to extreme.  it has nothing to do with "culture".  it may be a mild case, but he has it.  that is a fact. 

if other people with much worse cases would like to trade down to what he has, that's nice, but it does not change the fact that he has it and it bothers him.  that, and not other people's opinions, is the only thing that matters. 

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
No one said a D cup is a requirement, but there is a terrible culture here that calls virtually anything gynecomastia. 
i looked at those pictures.  i have looked at many of them, from mild to extreme.  it has nothing to do with "culture".  it may be a mild case, but he has it.  that is a fact. 

if other people with much worse cases would like to trade down to what he has, that's nice, but it does not change the fact that he has it and it bothers him.  that, and not other people's opinions, is the only thing that matters. 
[/quote]

well said, I fall into that very mild category and I cant describe how much it affects my everyday life/self esteem in summer. I think if people have found this website, there is a 99% chance they have some sort of gyne whether it be 0.1 or a 10.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If other people with much worse cases would like to trade down to what he has, that's nice, but it does not change the fact that he has it and it bothers him.  that, and not other people's opinions, is the only thing that matters.

Very true HHH! A million people could tell him that his chest is fine 'to them'. However, he, ultimately, is the one who has to live within his own skin. A guy could have just the slightest case of G, and if some cruel b***ard, teases him about it... well, you know how much of a psychological complex that could create. It's not about the severity of G, it's about how the sufferer feels about himself.

Let's take women's breasts for example. Some women have perfectly fine breasts (IMO), but they want to have bigger breasts. Who are we (the general public) to say, they shouldn't. If those women who are seeking breast augmentation, feel that they would be more attractive with larger 'looking' breasts, then who are we to judge?

Many guys on this site say... "Can you 'rate' my gyne". Well, to be honest, does it really matter if they have Puffies, are an 'A' cup, 'D' cup, or more? No matter the severity or type of G, most guys just want it to be gone.

Ernster...

There is room for improvement IMHO dude...

How about a pic of your pecs while flexed.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024