Author Topic: Question For Surgeons or Anyone Who Has Had More Than One Gyno Surgery  (Read 1729 times)

Offline matthew11

• Posting Member
I had both incision and liposuction procedures done to treat a severe case of gyno i had in only the left side of my chest.

Unfortunately my gyno was not fully stabilized and over the first two years after the surgery, my condition gradually worsened. I am no longer happy with the results. It is not as bad as it originally was but I am back to being too embarrassed to take my shirt off, and I am extremely self conscious about it.

I have two questions:

1. What kind of scarring is most common in second surgeries? Are surgeons able to re-open the original scar and operate without too much additional scarring?

2. Will it be as expensive as the first surgery i had?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry to hear about your experience.  Was your left gyne stable prior to your surgery??

As to your questions, yes, usually a surgeon can go in through the original incisions (now scars) so that you would not have two sets of scars.

As to cost, I cannot answer that -- it depends on the surgeon.  If you return to your original surgeon, he might give you a discount (although the second operation will be more difficult than the first due to the presence of scar tissue).  If you go to a new surgeon, then his fee is his fee -- you are a new patient to him and again the difficulty of secondary surgery will be included in the fee.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline matthew11

• Posting Member
Yes, at the time of surgery my condition seemed to be stable. However I was young and uninformed and decided to continue smoking marijuana (although not nearly as much) after the surgery. There is no doubt in my mind that this continued to aggravate my condition and increased the amount of regrowth.

My surgeon said that the glandular tissue was some of the hardest he had ever seen (he described it as being "rock hard") and had a tough time removing it.

Offline xelnaga13

I had 2 surgeries. One at 14 and another at 26. Scarring under the nipple was the same. However, my latest surgeon used a different tech. for lip which left 4 small hole scars.

When your gyno came back did you symptoms such as pain and/or itchiness of nipples?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024