Author Topic: Thorough Fielding Review and Questions- Dec 20, 2006  (Read 8130 times)

Offline kenyo

• Posting Member
I took stopped wearing my tensor wraps recently, and I am starting to have the same problem :-\.

It seems like there is some fluid that has collected in the empty void created behind the areola when the gland was taken out, and this is pushing it outward making it look kind like gyne. If I wear a tensor wrap for a couple of hours it becomes flat again, and the skin of the areola becomes loose and saggy (this is different from when it shrivels up in the cold).

But over time the areolas of the nipple puff out again.

I wonder if you have had a similar experience.

Offline gynofree?

• Posting Member
Yes I have had the same experience. When was your op date?

Offline kenyo

• Posting Member
My op was on December 13.

I think I am going to keep compressing the nipples with tensor bandages to get the fluid to reabsorb into my system. My left side is worse than my right, but that's because I had a complication on that side (see here http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,8096.msg58619.html#msg58619).

I have my 3 month post of appointment early in March. So I will take it up with feilding if it doesn't resolve itself by then.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 07:27:15 PM by kenyo »

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
i find it weird that all Fielding patients say that the left side is always worst... it was my case too...
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
i find it weird that all Fielding patients say that the left side is always worst... it was my case too...

Agree, my theory would be that it's the side that his assistant is working on. I remeber that one guy in the operation room was an intern in med school (or something like that). Maybe he's the one who isn't agressive enough during the surgery??? Can someone confirm that Dr Fielding is the one who's doing all the excision and lipo work? If not, it would be interesting to ask him.

Brebguy: How are your results so far? any improvements?

Cheers

Offline Dave1000

• Posting Member
Hey,

My left side is also bigger (still...it was bigger prior to the operation).  For me, I was a little different cause I had a lot of bleeding on my right side. There was also a med. student in the room and I believe he was on the left side of me...hard to remember exactly. Unfortunately, when I look down, I still see breasts on both sides though.  I will take some pictures in the next couple of days.  I hope this is swelling, but honestly, I cant tell what is swelling and what isnt.   I dont think he removed enough cause when the bandages came off, it basically looked like it does now...not much change at all.  In fact, the breasts appear to have excess in the inner parts, which is kinda of weird...therefore when I look down I can see that the inner parts of my breasts are larger than the outer, thus the nipples arent the point of the breasts that goes the furthest out. I am still wearing the compression thing he gave me.  I just feel better with it on (and it looks better cause it compresses the breasts that are still there) just in case there is still swelling.  The doctor came in the next day and said that he removed all the gland, so maybe some working out with light weights will help to reduce them overtime, but I have tried the hard into the gym thing before to lose these and it hasnt worked....I am slightly frustrated.

Kenyo, my op was on December 13th with Fielding as well.

Dave

Offline gynofree?

• Posting Member
The initial vibe i had from this form was that Fielding was reat and one of the best so I went ahead with it, without looking to much into the forum, I assumed he was good. Can anyone link to posts that show successful results on puffy nipples. I know he did a nice job on bambu but he didnt have puffy nips.

Offline kenyo

• Posting Member
@ Left side being bigger: maybe it has something to do with his right hand being his dominant hand it would be harder to do lipo on the left side because the patients arm is in the way.

@ Dec 13... It's a small world I guess.  :). He told me right before my op (when he was drawing stuff on my chest) that he wasn't going to remove stuff from the inside part because "it looks like you have some nice muscle here". Also light weights don't help you get defined muscles, (toned actually refers to conditioning them to make em stronger without making them bigger).

----

i don't think areola size decreases after the op, it just stops being pushed out as much, and the loose skin just hangs there (kinda like when an overweight person looses a lot of weight).

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
I just had my 4 months revision yesterday. And as always, he is happy with the result not me .....

As same with others my left side is bigger then right. And he also admit that it is bigger and he told me to be patient for another 8 months for full recovery. I still have some swelling. 8 more months sounds a lot after spending almost $2k for this stuff. I was hoping to take Cuba vacation in march and some beach report in july but seems like it's still a dream as I cann't go out without shirts on beach. So what's the point going to Cuba then ???

I think i will wait till Sept and see how it goes ???
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I just had my 4 months revision yesterday. And as always, he is happy with the result not me .....

Have you posted recent pics?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024