Author Topic: returning gynecomastia  (Read 1752 times)

Offline cs

To anyone,

Is it possible to get gynecomastia twice in life?  The back story goes: I had breast reduction at age 15 via liposuction. At that time I was, as the Doc put it, a very defined 'A'(it made my understanding sister envious as I filled out her bra better than than she did). Back then I was thin framed at 125 pounds, with 'A' cups. Daily living was a challenge. The reduction surgery was a success and went on with life. Fast forward 30 years. I am now 45 years of age and over the past year my gynecomastia seems to be returning. At 45, I am still thin framed, very active, and weigh 137 pounds.  The breast tissue has become soft like that of a womans breast. Over the past year the whole of both breast have swelled and now protrude about 1 inch(I definitely have 'jiggle').  I am getting concerned.  I thought the initial reduction surgery would have ended this problem. Has anyone experienced gynecomastia twice in life, and what would cause this be happening again? 
Thanks!
CS

Offline corvette09

• Bronze Member
I think it would be a good time to get your hormones checked.

Offline opus_dei

• Posting Member
I am quite surprised that the surgeon performed a reduction at the age of 15 without checking hormonal levels. He should have referred you to an endocrinologist. I was told that hormones tend to be easily mis-balanced during teen years (which is what causes gynecomastia), and I am pretty surprised that your hormones were not checked at age 15 before undergoing an invasive procedure.

You should definitely have your hormones checked if it is back.

Offline xelnaga13

I had surgery when I was 14 and again at 26. At 45 you need to see and endo asap. There could be many issues at hand.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It could come back many years later under several circumstances.

The two most likely would seem to be changing hormone levels associated with aging or as a secondary effect of medications.

Medications which could be a problem are many, but if you are taking any medications they should be researched for side effects. Some are quite open and say that breast enlargement is possible. others skirt the issue and only admit to breast tenderness.

Since you are the right age to be taking medications to control hair loss, for high blood pressure, or prostate problems you should check this out as all these medications could be involved. Anti-depressive drugs can also be a problem.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024